Sprout Social, Inc. Usage Policy
This Usage Policy ("Policy") governs Subscriber's use of and access to all applications and services (“Services”) offered by Sprout Social and its Affiliates (collectively, “Sprout Social”) and applies to Subscriber's access to and use of the Services. This Policy shall be incorporated into the agreement in place between Subscriber and Sprout Social with respect to the use of the Services (“Agreement”). Sprout Social may modify this Policy from time to time, so please check back regularly for updates or changes. In the event Sprout Social reasonably believes Subscriber has violated this Policy, Sprout Social may suspend or terminate Subscriber’s access to the Services.
- “Affiliate” means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- “Sensitive Information” means any passwords, credit card or debit card information, personal financial account information, personal health information, social security numbers, passport numbers, driver's license numbers, employment records, physical or mental health condition or information, information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation, or any other information that would be subject to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), or other laws, regulations, or industry standards designed to protect similar information.
- “Sites” means https://app.sproutsocial.com, https://advocacy.sproutsocial.com, https://app.taggermedia.com and/or any additional sites through which the Subscription Services are accessible in the future, as applicable.
- “Third-party Content” means content that the Services collects on Subscriber’s behalf from Third-party Services.
- “Third-party Service” means any third-party product, service or software provided under separate terms and conditions used in conjunction with the Services, including certain social media networks and other integration partners.
To the extent not already defined in the Agreement, the following definitions shall apply:
Third-Party Service Terms
Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that its use of any Third-party Services is subject to the Third-party Service Terms, including but not limited to, as applicable:
Use Restrictions and Requirements
Subscriber agrees not to, nor permit any user of Subscriber’s account or any third party to:
- License, sublicense, sell, rent, lease, or otherwise permit third parties to use the Services;
- Circumvent or disable any security or other technological features or measures of the Services;
- Reverse engineer any element of the Services, or use the Services to compete with the Services;
- Modify, adapt, or present the Services to falsely imply any sponsorship or association with Sprout Social or its Affiliates;
- Use the Services in any manner that is excessive or interferes with or disrupts or degrades the integrity or performance of the Services or the components of the Services (including, but not limited to, automating a large volume of requests to any particular Service feature, or creating or deleting accounts, assets, posts, etc. at a high volume in order to circumvent limits);
- Use the Services to post, upload, link to, send or store any content that is defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, derogatory, abusive, obscene, unlawful, hateful, harassing, violent, threatening, racist, discriminatory, or that is harmful to minors in any way;
- Use the Services to post, upload, link to, send, distribute, or store any content that contains any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, ransomware, or any other similar harmful software;
- Use the Services to post, upload, link to, send, distribute, or store any content that is material protected by copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary right without first having obtained all rights, permissions, and consents necessary to make such content available on or through the Services and to grant Sprout Social the limited right to use such content;
- Attempt to use any method to gain unauthorized access to any paid or restricted features of the Sites or to the Services and its related systems or networks;
- Use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with Third Party Services or the Services
- Deep-link to the Sites (other than Sprout Social's home page) for any purpose, unless expressly authorized in writing by Sprout Social;
- Impersonate any other user of the Services;
- Use the Services in violation of applicable laws or regulations or any Third Party Service Terms;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or proprietary notices contained in or provided through the Services, or use or display any trademarks of Sprout Social except as authorized in writing by Sprout Social;
- Use nor knowingly display, distribute, or otherwise make content or information derived from the
Services available to any entity for the purpose of:
- conducting or providing surveillance or gathering intelligence, including, but not limited to, investigating or tracking individual social media users or their content;
- tracking, alerting, or other monitoring of sensitive events (including, but not limited to, protests, rallies, or community organizing meetings);
- conducting or providing surveillance, analyses or research that isolates a group of individuals or any single individual on social media for any unlawful or discriminatory purpose or in a manner that would be inconsistent with the individual users' reasonable expectations of privacy; or
- targeting, segmenting, or profiling individuals based on sensitive personal information, including health (e.g. pregnancy), negative financial status or condition, political affiliation or beliefs, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, trade union membership, data relating to any alleged or actual commission of a crime, or any other sensitive categories of personal information prohibited by law.
Subscriber agrees not to, nor permit any user of Subscriber's account or any third party to, use the Services to transmit, upload, collect, manage, or otherwise process Sensitive Information. Subscriber agrees to monitor third-party content on its account and immediately remove any Sensitive Information from the Services. SPROUT SOCIAL AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM SUBSCRIBER'S USE OF THE SERVICES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO TRANSMITTING, COLLECTING, MANAGING, OR PROCESSING ANY SENSITIVE INFORMATION.