Account Executive, Strategic Enterprise
We know experience is built in a number of ways. Even if your background doesn’t match the exact requirements, we encourage you to apply and share any relevant skills in a cover letter. Sprout welcomes all candidates to apply, including those who identify as BIPOC, women and underrepresented genders in tech, LGBTQIA+, parents, veterans, persons with disabilities and people of all faiths.
Account Executive, Strategic Enterprise
Sprout Social is looking to hire an Account Executive, Strategic Enterprise to the Sales & Success team.
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including Sony, General Mills, Kraft Heinz, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Develop an account growth strategy with a select subset of named customer accounts, while working to develop net new pipeline that translates to revenue in assigned prospect accounts
- Manage the enterprise purchasing process in a global organization by working with partners across procurement, legal, security, etc.
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your quota
- Establish deep relationships within your book of business through multi-threading, achieving both executive or VP level and end user engagement
What you’ll bring
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven and tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our expanding Strategic Enterprise sales team. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality to grow customer accounts.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 8+ years of software sales experience in a closing role
- Proven success selling complex enterprise solutions to the Fortune 500
- Consistent overperformance in previous roles (top 5% of company)
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience establishing deep relationships, presenting and selling to C-suite level decision makers across multiple functions
- Experience working in a ‘team selling’ environment and managing a team of supporting account resources
- Accurately forecasts and manages pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Fiercely passionate about the impact social media can have on a large enterprise
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout Social’s 3-week new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization
- Partner with the Director of Enterprise to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them
- Meet with current members of the Enterprise Sales team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role
- Shadow Account Executives on calls to learn sales strategies and positioning
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension
- Learn Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Meet with your entire book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders
- Understand the contractual language of all your customers and where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing customers
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment
- Co-build account & territory plans with your BDR, Professional Services & Customer Success teammates
- Regularly meet with your BDR to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor
- Gain a solid understanding of your customer’s internal transitions and mitigate the risk of churn
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business"
- Represent Sprout at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers solve high impact problems by realizing their full potential and accomplishing their goals
- Consistently achieve your revenue, pipeline and activity targets
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Mentor and develop your BDR to become best in class at their respective functions and further advance their skill sets and career trajectory
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and help others grow from your experiences
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
This role’s On Target Earnings (“OTE”) is $300,000 USD annually. OTE is the sum of a fixed base salary plus incentives at target performance. Incentive compensation will vary based on performance. The minimum amount earned is the fixed base salary. Since the incentive plan is uncapped, this role has no maximum pay range.
These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach. We used data from multiple sources, including, but not limited to, trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
OTE is only one element of an employee's total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our latest DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Sprout Social is a global leader in social media management and analytics software. Sprout’s intuitive platform offers comprehensive social media management solutions, including publishing and engagement functionality, customer care, influencer marketing, advocacy, and AI-powered business intelligence to more than 30,000 brands. Founded in 2010, Sprout has a hybrid team located across the globe. Sprout Social has been recognized as a Glassdoor Best Places to Work, PEOPLE Companies that Care, Great Place to Work Best Workplace for Parents and more.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.