It’s fair to say content is still king with social media. In fact, without constantly engaging your audience with relevant content on networks like Facebook, you lose value, authority and effectiveness. Maintaining this stream can be daunting, but many social media managers learn how to schedule Facebook posts at a later time and date.
Not only does scheduling Facebook posts help you manage your content distribution process, it also helps you keep your sanity. Your audience never sleeps and neither should your Facebook content stream.
Luckily there are a few ways to schedule Facebook posts so your audience sees the right content at the right time. There’s no need for multiple alarms and alert messages to plan your content–you can get a week’s, month’s or quarter’s amount of content scheduled in just a few minutes!
Want to get started right now? Easily schedule your Facebook posts with a free 30-day trial from Sprout Social.
How to Schedule Posts With Facebook
Before we start, it’s important to know when using Facebook’s native platform, you only have the ability to schedule posts from a Facebook Page and not a personal account. While Facebook previously allowed scheduled content on personal pages, the option no longer exists.
Brands can still access Facebook’s native scheduling feature by simply following these steps:
- Enter the desired content into the text field at the top of the Page’s Timeline.
- Once complete, select the down arrow beside Publish and click Schedule.
- A drop down menu will appear to select a date and time for the scheduled post.
- Click the Schedule button once finished.
Managing Scheduled Facebook Posts
Things come up or change, so knowing how to edit your scheduled content can be quite helpful. It’s always best to schedule your content in advance and have a specific strategy for your Facebook marketing efforts.
As for managing content on Facebook, follow these steps to edit, delete or reschedule posts:
- At the top of your Facebook Page, select Publishing Tools.
- In the left column, select Scheduled Posts.
- Simply click the post you want to edit, delete or reschedule.
- Select Edit or the down arrow to make changes and save edits.
Facebook lets you view your full edit history on schedule posts as well. Click View Edit History to see your previous changes.
If you’re looking for more help creating a social media strategy for Facebook, check out our topics page on how to get started:
As the world’s largest social media network, there’s no doubt your audience lives here. However, your business might not have Read More …
How to Schedule Facebook Posts With Sprout Social
Scheduling Facebook posts at a specific time is essential for brands launching a product release, sending promotional content on a timely basis or for those wanting to target a specific audience. Making the most of your Facebook organic reach is one of the hardest things to achieve.
This is why scheduling Facebook posts is so important for brands increasing their social presence. No matter the size of your business, Sprout Social has the perfect tools to fit your needs, and more importantly, your budget.
Here’s how to schedule Facebook posts with Sprout Social:
- Click Compose at the top the dashboard and draft your content.
- Click the Calendar button to select single or multiple days (for recurring content) and choose times and dates to publish.
- Click the Profile Picker in the Compose window to select profiles where you want to publish.
- Click Schedule to complete.
Scheduling Facebook Posts With the Sprout Queue
What do you do when you have meaningful Facebook content, but don’t need to publish at any specific date or time? Luckily, we still have you covered with the Sprout Queue. There’s plenty of content you can post that is valuable to your audience, but doesn’t need to be scheduled.
That’s why we provide tools to queue content for you to send out at a later date or time. You have the ability to build your Sprout Queue to fill engagement gaps throughout the day with content around product tips, links to thought leadership articles or industry news.
Choose the number of posts per day, your date and times and Sprout will do the rest. To get your Sprout Queue setup, follow these steps:
- Go to Publishing at the top of the dashboard and select Sprout Queue to the left.
- Click Compose and enter content.
- Choose your content to Queue Next at first possible time slot or Queue Last to go at the end of the queue.
- Click Queue or Submit For Approval (if message approval is activated) to schedule content.
Configuring Your Queue Timeline
So what does this do to your content after it’s queued? Sprout’s suite of publishing tools places the content in the Queue Timeline for you to choose a specific time or date. There you can identify your publishing time gaps and plan your content.
This feature can be configured to run during specific times or dates. This makes it simple for social media managers to post during optimal off hours when you have space to publish. Easily select various post times per Facebook Page with a limit of 10 posts per day.
Sprout’s Queue even makes it simple to see your daily post times throughout all your different social media profiles.
Take Advantage of ViralPost
ViralPost is Sprout’s secret weapon when it comes to publishing at the most optimal times. This tool can be easily configured in your Sprout Queue to publish your queued content at optimal times for audience engagement (only available in Premium Plans and above).
When you use ViralPost, it takes out the guesswork of when to publish and learns the best times to connect your audience and spark engagement. This data-centric solution analyzes your audience’s usage and engagement patterns to determine the optimal times to deliver content for maximum impact.
To configure your ViralPost settings, follow these steps:
- Start in Publishing and click Sprout Queue.
- Click Edit Queue Settings and then select the Gear in the top right of the Sprout Queue and then Edit Default Post Times.
- Click ViralPost in the Configure Queue Settings window.
- Select Weekdays or Weekends and set your optimal timeframes.
- Choose Number of Posts Per Day for publishing frequency and once finished, click Save.
Adding Facebook Content to the Sprout Queue
It’s always best practice to queue content when it’s top of mind. Draft a message directly from Compose, share content you discover on the web with the Sprout’s Chrome Extension or add content to the queue directly from the RSS Reader. Whichever type of content you wish to publish, our tools will suit your needs.
Pro Tip: Add content anytime, from anywhere by queueing content from Sprout Social’s web, mobile or browser extension apps.
Collaborate & Share Your Calendar
Last but not least, once you have your content in order, easily view, share and collaborate on your content calendar. Sprout’s social media calendar view gives you insight into your publishing schedule and more.
Here’s how to view and share your calendar as a PDF:
- Under the Publishing feature, click Calendar.
- Choose List or Week to change your view.
- Select your Date Range, Profiles and Message Types.
- Click Export PDF to download your calendar or select team member’s email addresses to share.
We hope this was a helpful explanation of how Sprout Social’s publishing features make it easy to schedule content for Facebook. Any questions? Tweet us and let us know!
Want to try it out yourself? Sign up for a free 30-day trial and get started!