Having access to the right Facebook analytics tools is key to marketing success. If you’re not monitoring your performance, you’re marketing blindly.
With a Facebook analytics tool, you’re able to look into your audience’s demographics, your posts’ performance, your ads’ performance, your engagement rate and more. However, it can be difficult to find the best Facebook analytics tool for your team. Especially since Facebook shut down its standalone analytics tool in 2021.
Throughout this article, we’re going to cover the top 10 Facebook analytics tools you can use to measure your success. Including paid tools, free tools and a couple of tools that are ideal for monitoring your Facebook ads.
1. Sprout Social
If you haven’t yet heard of us, welcome! Sprout Social is an all-in-one social media management tool that helps brands create, schedule, manage and monitor their social media content.
While you can use Sprout with nearly any social media platform, we’re talking about Facebook today—and Sprout’s Facebook analytics tools are extremely useful.
Sprout Social’s Facebook analytics options allow users to get a great overview of their Facebook Business Pages. You can quickly see your total impressions, number of engagements, clicks, audience growth and more. Plus, you can access audience demographics to make sure you’re targeting the right people.
- Colorful, easy-to-read graphs that give you an instant idea of how your Facebook is doing
- Competitor reports that let you get a glimpse at how your Facebook compares to the competition
- The ability to tag content that belongs to certain campaigns so you can gauge campaign success
SocialPilot is a social media marketing tool that provides capabilities like publishing, scheduling, content curation, collaboration, Facebook ads management, and of course, Facebook analytics. To test-drive the tool, SocialPilot offers a 14-day free trial to give brands the opportunity to test out their features before biting the bullet.
- Get insights into your best-performing Facebook content so you can create more of it
- Discover the optimal times to post based on your specific audience insights
- Gather detailed PDF reports of your Facebook analytics to share with your team or your clients
Keyhole is a social media management tool that focuses exclusively on analytics. They offer analytics for a number of platforms, including Facebook, with the goal of helping brands analyze all aspects of their online presence. From competitor analyses and campaign tracking to hashtag analytics and influencer tracking, Keyhole has a number of great options for brands looking to get a full scope of their Facebook activity.
- Automated Facebook reports that make tracking performance as easy as possible
- Hashtag tracking to provide insight into how your hashtag campaigns are performing
- Profile analytics and account tracking that lets you gauge your success versus your competitors’
4. Rival IQ
RivalIQ is another analytics-focused social media tool. Their tool allows companies to monitor several different platforms, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok. Monitor the success of your social media campaigns from one simple dashboard. The best part is that RivalIQ offers a number of free tools for brands who want to monitor their social media analytics on a budget.
- Free head-to-head reports that show you how you compare to your biggest competitor on any given platform
- Comprehensive social media audits that help you identify your best and worst-performing content
- Machine learning that helps you understand why competitors may have received a jump in reach
- Discussion volume chart that allows you to analyze when your brand name is being talked about more often
- Mention analytics that gives you insight into which accounts are talking about your business
- Sentiment analysis to help you gauge the overall sentiments surrounding your brand name
- Customizable dashboards with a number of chart types to help visualize your results for your team
- Insights into your buyers’ journey on Facebook and other social media platforms
- Audience insights like follower growth, demographics, brand mentions and more
7. Facebook Insights
While Facebook’s standalone analytics went away, they do still have a completely free Facebook Insights section of your Facebook Business Page. This helps you get a very high-level overview of how your Facebook posts are doing as a whole. To access your Facebook Insights, head over to your business page, then scroll down in the left sidebar until you see Insights.
- At-a-glance page summary that gives you insight into how your Page has done the last week or month
- Page follower insights to ensure you’re targeting the right audience and to know when to post
- 13+ categories of insights to help you get a better idea of how your Facebook Page is doing
8. Meta Business Suite
The insights section of the new Meta Business Suite is the biggest free analytics feature offered by Facebook. They’ve created this as a way to monitor the insights on your Facebook and Instagram profiles all in the same place. You can access the full suite of Meta business tools by going to business.facebook.com. Then, click Insights in the left sidebar to access your Facebook analytics.
- The ability to gather Facebook and Instagram analytics in the same easy-to-access dashboard
- In-depth insights into your content, audience, page results and more
- Downloadable reports that you can easily share with your team or clients
9. Facebook Ads Manager
If you’re running Facebook ads and looking for a way to keep track of them, your very first option is going to be none other than Facebook Ads Manager. Here, you’re able to get in-depth insights into the performance of your ads and if you need to make any adjustments for them to be successful. Plus, it’s a completely free tool (aside from the ad spend).
- Performance charts that let you know how your ad is doing and how many people it’s reaching
- Get insights on how relevant your audience thinks your ad is so you can make necessary changes
- Take a look at insights at the campaign, ad set and ad level to see the nitty-gritty of your ad performance
AdEspresso is a social media tool dedicated specifically to helping you improve the efficacy of your social media ads. With tools that help with Facebook, Instagram and Google ads, you can easily get great insights into how to create and promote the best possible ads for your brand.
- Get quick analyses on how your ad campaigns are performing with bird’s-eye-view reports
- Automated PDF reporting that makes it quick and easy to grab reports for your ad performance
- Tagging capabilities that allow you to monitor multiple campaigns at a time
Find the right Facebook analytics tool for your brand
It can be difficult to decide which tool is the best Facebook analytics tool for your brand. That’s why it’s always a good idea to take some time to look over each tool and its features, so you can make the most informed decision possible. If you’re still stuck, start a free trial with Sprout’s analytics tool or consider scheduling a demo to learn more.
Creator Studio for Facebook and Instagram: A guide for marketersPublished on October 5, 2023 Reading time 7 minutes