LinkedIn Pulse is a publishing platform created by the professional social networking channel, LinkedIn. When Pulse first emerged, it was reserved exclusively for well-known influencers. However, in 2014, LinkedIn decided to share the platform with all of their users.
LinkedIn Pulse represents a useful way for thought leaders and industry experts to earn credibility and attract attention for their brand. DemandWave research suggests that around 92% of B2B marketers include LinkedIn in their digital marketing strategy.
Who uses LinkedIn Pulse?
LinkedIn Pulse gives business leaders a way to build their reputation, reach a wider audience and develop trust online. Because LinkedIn is the ultimate social channel for professionals, Pulse is particularly useful for B2B brands.
The Pulse platform generates blog posts, news stories and insights from people in relevant networks on LinkedIn. When you write an article on Pulse, everyone you’re connected to will be notified of the new content. It’s also possible to share Pulse pieces as separate content on LinkedIn and on other social media profiles too.
The benefits of LinkedIn Pulse
In digital marketing, companies need to focus on getting their content in front of as many eyes as possible. LinkedIn Pulse is excellent for raising awareness among a professional network and it helps to generate more leads for a B2B organization. Other benefits of LinkedIn Pulse include:
- Build credibility: High-quality thought leadership articles published on LinkedIn raise awareness for your brand and demonstrate your reliability as an industry expert.
- Greater brand reach: Pulse posts are promoted to relevant people in your industry. This means that your content has a better chance of getting in front of the right people to raise sales.
- Easy content marketing: Pulse offers a simple way for business leaders to publish articles without having to learn how to use a content management system.
Some companies also convert their blog posts into LinkedIn Pulse content to get more traction for their ideas and guide people back to their website. Just make sure that the information you share on Pulse is unique enough that it doesn’t appear as duplicate content in the search engines.
Tips for using LinkedIn Pulse
Succeeding with LinkedIn Pulse is similar to excelling with any content strategy. The first step is making sure that you understand the platform and how it works. Remember that your content will be displayed to a highly professional audience, which means you may need to adjust your tone of voice accordingly. Other points to keep in mind with LinkedIn Pulse include:
- Feature a keyword: Make it easier for your audience to find your content by using fundamental SEO. Keywords and phrases will make your pieces more searchable.
- Use appealing headlines: Like on any search engine, you’ll only have a few seconds to capture an audience’s attention on LinkedIn Pulse. Make your content compelling with an engaging headline.
- Publish frequently: Choose a schedule for your publishing strategy and stick to it. Let your followers know they can rely on you for consistently fresh content.
- Promote your posts: Don’t rely on LinkedIn Pulse to do all the work. Cross-promote your content on your other social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook.
- Add Images: Break up the blocks of text in your content with high-quality images. Visual content adds context to almost any post.
- Publish at the right times: Remember that LinkedIn is geared to business professionals, so make sure you’re posting at times when these people are most likely to check their feed.
Recommended for you
The ultimate guide to evaluating influencer media kitsPublished on September 21, 2023 Reading time 7 minutes
How to make the most of holiday marketing on socialPublished on September 21, 2023 Reading time 8 minutes
Decoding CSAT: What it is and how to calculate your scorePublished on September 20, 2023 Reading time 10 minutes