9 Twitter analytics tools to amplify your strategy
If you’re investing time and resources into your Twitter marketing strategy, you need to know that your efforts are paying off. And the best way to do this by using Twitter analytics tools.
While Twitter has its own built-in analytics (more on this later), there are a number of more robust Twitter analytics tools that also allow you to get a look at your other social media platforms all at the same time, streamlining your reporting process.
Throughout this article, we’re going to address the top nine Twitter analytics tools that can help you measure your performance and ensure your Tweets are resonating with your target audience.
1. Sprout Social
Sprout Social offers a number of social media management tools, from publishing and monitoring to analytics and reporting. You can easily get in-depth insights into how your Twitter account is performing, as well as a number of other platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok and more.
Sprout’s Optimal Send Times and ViralPost features also help simplify when your best time to post is.
- A platform overview, demographics information and a look into your profile all in one easy-to-use dashboard
- A look into your engagements, replies, likes, Retweets, post clicks and more
- Customizable look into your audience growth during your selected reporting period
- Several report options to guide your Twitter strategy:
- Twitter Competitors Report to see how you stack up against the competition
- Twitter Paid Performance report to see where your investments paid off
- Twitter Trends and Twitter Keywords Reports can help you understand where the conversation is happening on Twitter so you can adjust your strategy to get more reach
Pricing: Try Sprout free for 30 days, and visit our pricing page to explore all plans.
SocialPilot offers social media scheduling, content curation, its own browser extension, ads help as well as analytics. The platform also allows users to bulk schedule up to 500 Tweets at a time, making it easy to create and share a large number of Twitter posts at one time. Then, you can take advantage of their Twitter analytics tools to keep an eye on their performance.
- White-label reports that can be fully customized to fit your branding, and are ready to share with your team
- Track hashtags and influencers to keep an eye on conversations that relate back to your brand
- Discover who interacts with your posts the most so you can reciprocate or offer free product as a thank you
Pricing: Starting at $25.50/month, billed annually.
Keyhole differs from some of the other tools we’ve already covered because their entire focus is on social media analytics and reporting. Instead of offering it as only one of their features, they’ve dedicated their entire tool to ensure users are able to gather the most accurate and comprehensive social media insights possible.
- Generate automated, comprehensive reports that erase any potential for human error in spreadsheets
- Campaign-specific reporting so that you can see how individual social media promotions are performing
- Hashtag reporting that lets you track user-generated content and other hashtags your brand may be promoting
Pricing: Custom pricing—get in touch with their team to discuss your needs and get a quote.
Klear is an influencer marketing platform that also has a few free tools specifically for Twitter. As a whole, Klear is dedicated to helping users find the best influencers to work with, manage and analyze influencer marketing campaigns, and build connections with popular influencers in their niche.
- A free tool to help you find the best influencers to work with on Twitter
- A free tool that lets you analyze Twitter profiles—you can use this on your own or to gather insights on potential influencers
Pricing: The two Twitter-related tools above are completely free, though you do need to create an account to use them. To utilize their services for other platforms, you’ll need to schedule a demo to get a custom quote.
Tweepsmap is a Twitter-only analytics tool that helps you get actionable insights through their AI. While they of course provide analytics, a few other features Tweepsmap offers Twitter users are post scheduling, optimal Tweet times and engagement insights. The biggest complaint that Tweepsmap users have is that the user interface can sometimes be confusing and difficult to use, but with enough practice, you should be able to figure it out.
- Audience interest and sentiment analysis that lets you know what your followers are talking about
- Twitter engagement dashboard to keep an eye on how your followers are receiving your Tweets
- Twitter follower segmentation so you can get a deep dive into who is following your account
Pricing: They have a completely free plan with limited features. Paid plans start at $7/month, billed annually.
Followerwonk is another website filled with tools only for Twitter. While it can be useful to have a tool that lets you access all analytics at once, tools that hone in on a single platform can also be useful—especially because tools like Followerwonk tend to have either free plan options or a very low price point, making it easy to add onto your other social media management tools.
- Analyze Twitter accounts to discover the accounts they follow, which can be a great way to pinpoint potential customers you should interact with
- Compare users to discover gaps or overlaps in how your followers line up with that of your competitors
- Track your follower growth over a specified time period to see how your account is growing
Pricing: There is a free plan. Paid plans start at $23/month, billed annually.
Twitonomy is another Twitter-specific tool on our list. Their tagline is “Twitter #analytics and much more…” and they certainly do offer a lot of features. It’s simple to use; simply log in with Twitter and start analyzing your profile, your competitors, your followers and more.
- Basic dashboards that provide you with insights on your (or any selected account’s) Tweets and engagement
- The ability to back up and export your Tweets to keep an archive of everything you’ve shared on Twitter
- Follower reports that let you find out which accounts don’t follow you back and other interesting metrics
Pricing: Twitonomy offers a completely free plan with limited features. To access more features, paid plans start at $19/month.
Brand24 is a media monitoring tool that helps you monitor and analyze media mentions across multiple platforms, ranging across social media, news publications, blogs, radio and more. This is useful to utilize when analyzing your Twitter mentions so that you can stay on top of any conversations happening around your brand or industry.
- Automated sentiment analysis that will provide you with a bird’s-eye-view of how Twitter users feel about your brand
- A mentions feed that allows you to quickly and easily find all Twitter mentions of your brand so you can organize and respond
- Marketing analytics that show you how many mentions your brand is getting, broken down into positive versus negative sentiments
Pricing: Starting at $49/month, billed annually.
9. Twitter Analytics
Twitter Analytics is the completely free, built-in analytics tool that Twitter offers to all users. To access, simply head to analytics.twitter.com, or from your regular Twitter feed, click More in the left sidebar, then click Analytics. Here, you get basic insights into your best-performing Tweets, how your last 28 days compared to the previous period and how much engagement your individual Tweets get.
- Monthly highlights that show your top Tweet, mention, follower and other monthly updates
- Deep dives into the number of engagements and what those specific engagements were for each Tweet (i.e., likes, profile clicks, detail expands, Retweets, replies and more)
- Your average monthly engagement rates, number of replies, Retweets and more
Pricing: Twitter Analytics is completely free for all Twitter users.
Find the best Twitter analytics tool for your brand
Ramp up your Twitter marketing strategy with the best tool(s) for monitoring and analyzing your performance. Ensuring your Tweets are resonating with your audience is the only way to know if your efforts on the platform are paying off. Start analyzing your Tweets and consider performing a Twitter audit to make sure you’re creating and publishing the best possible content.
16 Twitter tools to boost your brand’s marketingPublished on March 23, 2023 Reading time 7 minutes
23 essential Twitter statistics to guide your strategy in 2023Published on February 27, 2023 Reading time 6 minutes
How to create a Twitter marketing strategy for your brandPublished on December 1, 2022 Reading time 9 minutes
Twitter for customer service: 7 pro tips and examplesPublished on October 19, 2022 Reading time 7 minutes