If you’re looking to step up your content marketing and reach on LinkedIn, then creator mode may be the solution you’re looking for.
Simply put, this relatively new feature from LinkedIn gives individuals a boosted platform to share their content. So if you’re looking for ways to improve your LinkedIn marketing strategy, read on to learn how to use LinkedIn creator mode for your brand.
- What is LinkedIn creator mode?
- How to turn on LinkedIn creator mode
- How to turn off LinkedIn creator mode
- 3 LinkedIn creator mode benefits
- LinkedIn creator mode pros and cons
- Upgrading your LinkedIn strategy
What is creator mode on LinkedIn?
In short, creator mode gives users access to additional features to create and publish content and grow their audience on LinkedIn.
When you turn on creator mode, LinkedIn optimizes your profile for publishing content. This means that your articles and posts will be more visible to LinkedIn users. You’ll also be able to see insights about your readership, including who’s reading your content and how often they’re engaging with it.
How to turn on LinkedIn creator mode
Step 1. Start by going to your LinkedIn profile and click on the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage. Then click View Profile.
Step 2. Scroll down to Resources and click on the button that says Creator mode: Off. Toggle this button to activate creator mode.
Step 3. You’ll see a preview of what LinkedIn creator mode will look like on your profile. Click Next.
Step 4. On the next screen, you’ll add hashtags to indicate the topics you post about the most. Choose up to five topics and click Done.
It you want to change your topics, you can unselect one of the topics in green then add another topic to replace it.
Step 5. From there, simply follow the prompts to finish setting up LinkedIn creator mode. And you’re done!
How to turn off creator mode on LinkedIn
Step 1. To turn off creator mode, head back to your LinkedIn profile and click on the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage. Then, click View Profile.
Step 2. Scroll down to Resources and click on the button that says Creator mode On.
Step 3. You’ll be able to toggle and switch Creator mode Off.
You can add topics by clicking on Add topics (you can add up to five topics).
You can remove topics by clicking one of your existing topics in green. This will unselect the topic and you can then add another topic to replace it.
Step 4. Once you’re finished making changes, click Save.
3 LinkedIn creator mode benefits
There are three major benefits to switching to LinkedIn creator mode:
- Creator mode can help you grow your following on LinkedIn. When you switch to creator mode, your reach will be amplified and your primary profile action button switches from Connect to Follow. This makes it more likely that people will follow you since it eliminates the need for you to approve the connection first.
- LinkedIn creator mode is also a great way to establish your voice on the platform. Because your original posts are displayed prominently on your LinkedIn profile, you can share what you’re all about and what potential followers can expect from following you. And because your content will be amplified on your profile and across the platform, it will be easier for you to build out your personal brand.
- LinkedIn users who activate creator mode will have access to specific creator features, including LinkedIn Live and LinkedIn Newsletter. Plus, you’ll get access to creator analytics – separate from LinkedIn Page analytics – and see the number of post impressions your content receives.
LinkedIn creator mode pros and cons
Wondering if creator mode is right for you? Here are some pros and cons to consider:
Creator mode pros
- LinkedIn creator mode gives you access to a whole suite of new LinkedIn features, including the ability to add five hashtags to your profile and a 30-second video as your profile picture. This will help boost the search visibility of your profile while also providing a more personalized welcome to potential followers.
- Since LinkedIn creator mode emphasizes your original content, it’s a great way to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and build your personal brand.
- You can build and send your own LinkedIn Newsletter to keep your followers engaged and up to date with your brand.
- Host live streams directly from your LinkedIn profile, a LinkedIn Page or Event to showcase your subject matter expertise. Live stream capabilities are granted if you meet all of LinkedIn Live criteria.
- You’ll get regular content tips from LinkedIn to help you produce even more engaging content as part of your LinkedIn publishing strategy.
Creator mode cons
- If you activate creator mode, your profile will now show your About section farther down your page, and the Feature and Activity sections will be up top. If you don’t have good content to showcase here, this might look awkward.
- Not everyone will be interested in the same type of content, so you may need to produce a variety of content to appeal to a wider audience.
- You’ll need to spend more time publishing and promoting your content and profile if you want LinkedIn creator mode to be used to its full potential.
Upgrading your LinkedIn strategy
Creator mode can be a great way to increase your follower count and build your brand on LinkedIn.
If you’re a content creator, there’s really no reason to not use creator mode. Linkedin creator mode gives you more visibility and reach, which can help you grow your business. Plus, LinkedIn offers exclusive tips and advice to those who use the feature.
For brands and businesses, if your employees or C-suite use creator mode, it can show off your company’s expertise and build thought leadership.
If you’re not sure if LinkedIn creator mode is right for you, look at your content strategy. If you’re regularly creating new B2B content, creator mode can help you increase your reach.
Use our LinkedIn for business worksheet to assess your current LinkedIn strategy and take your efforts to the next level.
8 LinkedIn marketing tools for your business in 2024Published on February 21, 2024 Reading time 4 minutes
LinkedIn hashtags: The complete guide for 2024 [+ trending hashtags]Published on January 24, 2024 Reading time 6 minutes
Best LinkedIn analytics tools to maximize your marketingPublished on October 24, 2023 Reading time 8 minutes