400+ Instagram captions to get you through every season of business
As with most digital marketing strategies, your businesses’ success on Instagram often comes down to your copy. Having a good copywriter or someone with copywriting skills on your marketing team is a must for writing stand-out Instagram captions.
But even the best copywriters get a brain block every now and then, which is why we’ve put together this list of 400+ Instagram caption ideas to get those gears turning and help you pump out high-quality Instagram posts time and time again.
Follow along for a full list of ideas for your Instagram captions—regardless of what your post is about—and tips to help you write unique captions.
General promotional Instagram captions
- It’s time for [product]!
- The more [product], the better.
- You + [company] = the perfect match. [Explanation.]
- BRB, on my way to [action your product is used for]!
- Let us introduce you to your new favorite [noun relevant to your brand: activity/treat/self-care routine]: [product].
- This month, we’re donating [amount] to [charity]. Join us in support of [movement]!
- [Solution to pain point]. All you have to do is sign up!
- This could be us but you’re [action product will help with].
- Three things about [product] that just make sense: [list].
- [Number] things that make it easy (and SO fun) to [verb] with [product]: [List benefits].
- The perfect gift for [her/him/them].
Sale Instagram captions
- 10% off on EVERYTHING only for today! Link in bio to shop. Hurry before the sale ends.
- Save big on [sale category] this [holiday season/event]. Use code: [code] to get 20% off. Happy shopping!
- We know how much you love the holidays, so we’ve decided to give you a little treat. Here’s 15% off on us. Use code: [code]. Valid till: [deadline].
- Good things come to those who wait for [upcoming promotion]! Get [discount] from [date] through [date]!
- Have you tried our new [product/product line]? Shop our website to get [discount]. Link in bio.
- Buy [product] and get [product] free! [Details.]
- Swipe to shop our early access sale [dates] ONLY. Don’t miss out. Score unbelievable deals on everything from [product category] to [product category].
- Get your [most popular product] for up to 30% off. While supplies last. Link in bio.
- Shop our best holiday gifts up to 50% off and you’ll be smiling all the way to your next adventure. (Link in bio.)
- Your early access to the [sale name] sale is here. Shop up to 60% off by using code [code].
- That’s right. The biggest sale of the year is HERE. [Creator] shows us their essentials. Grab them today at the link in our bio. (Note: include an image or Reel of creators showing off their favorite products you offer)
- Because nothing this good can last forever.
Contest and giveaway Instagram captions
- This [prize] could be yours! Participate in our [contest]. To enter: [contest details]
- Get a chance to win [prize]. All you need to do is participate in our [contest]. More details in bio.
- Ever wanted to try some of our [product]? Well, here’s your chance. Enter our [contest] and you could win [prize].
- In honor of [social media holiday relevant to your brand], we’re giving away [product]! [Giveaway details.]
- ✨GIVEAWAY✨ [Giveaway details.]
- ACT FAST, submissions close [date]! Top 5 finalists will win [prize]. Enter now at the link in our bio.
- 🗞️ HOT OFF THE PRESS 🗞️ To sweeten our new [brand event], we’re giving away [prize]. Yes, you read that correctly. Download our app to automatically be entered to win. Good luck!
- 🎁 GIFTING GIVEAWAY! 🎁 Enter to win a gift from our [name] Collection. We’re giving away [prize]! To enter, tag a friend below with [branded hashtag]. Share this post on your story for a bonus entry.
- Enter for your chance to win [prize]! Like this post, tag someone who would love this with [branded hashtag] in the comments.
- ⚡️To celebrate our [brand event], we are giving one lucky winner [prize]!
- GIVEAWAY ALERT! Get the deets at the link in our bio.
Event Instagram captions
- Join us for [event] at [venue] on [date and time]. Link in bio to register.
- We’ll be in [city] for [event] on [date]. Stop by and say hello.
- *One Day Only* We’ll be opening pop-up stores across town this Saturday. Link in bio to get more details.
- Register for our upcoming webinar on [topic]! Join us at [date and time] to learn more. Seats are limited—sign up through the link in our bio!
- Our final [event] of the year is [date] at [time]! Register at the link in our bio.
- Join [event curator] online on [date] at [time] for [virtual event]. Sign up today.
- Will you be tuning in and where are you tuning in from?
- You won’t want to miss hearing from [speaker A] and [speaker B] about [topic]!
- Want to learn more about [something awesome]? Join [speaker] at [event, date, time, location] as they’re presenting [session title].
- Check out our booth onsite at [event name, booth number] and say hello to our team! (Note: add picture of onsite space)
- See you at [tradeshow]! Our team will be on hand to discuss [latest trends]. Visit us at booth [booth number].
- We are joining some of our friends onsite at [event name]. Be sure to say hello to [our partner name] to learn about [something we do together] at [your company name].
- No one likes #FOMO. Don’t miss your chance to join us for [event]. Buy your tickets today!
Product launch Instagram captions
- Something exciting is coming your way. Watch this space. (Note: keep it short and mysterious when you can’t give out a lot of details about the launch yet.)
- We’ve got something brewing… Hint: Think [new feature]. Get ready for an exciting announcement in the coming days.
- Something BIG is arriving on [date]. Save the date!
- You asked; we listened. We’re excited to announce the upcoming [product], which has [feature + benefit]! Coming to you this [month of launch].
- The most innovative solution to your [pain point].
- Ready to [solution to pain point]? Introducing [new feature].
- Our newest drops are perfect for [solution to pain point]. Get yours today.
- It’s HERE! Introducing [product].
- Did you hear? Your favorite [popular product] is now [reinvention of popular product]!
- Our most requested [product/feature] is finally here.
- SNEAK PEEK.
- Peep some new stuff! 👀
Brand partnership Instagram captions
- [Your name] 🤝 [brand you’re partnering with]
- Introducing our latest collaboration with [brand you’re partnering with].
- X just got better. Introducing our new partnership with [partner brand’s name]. Here’s what to expect: [details of partnership].
- Name a better duo. I’ll wait.
- What is [influencer’s or brand’s name]’s secret to X? [Answer]. Learn more from the link in our bio.
- The [brand you’re partnering with] x [your brand] collection is available NOW.
- The crossover you’ve been waiting for.
- What happens when [your brand] meets [brand you’re partnering with]? [Result].
- Unveiling the partnership that will change the way you [verb to describe the partnership].
- When two GOATs 🐐 join forces.
Employee appreciation Instagram captions
- This weekend, the [company] team took part in a marathon to raise money for [cause]. Here are some photos of our fun and fulfilling day.
- Here at [company], we value [positive characteristics]. [Employee name] has been with us for [duration] and perfectly exudes those qualities. Thank you, [employee name] for being part of the [company] team!
- Congratulations to [team member role and name] for [achievement]!
- It takes a lot of skill, time and patience to produce even just a single piece of our [product]. We’d like to take this moment to show our appreciation for the people who make it all happen. Our production team works tirelessly to give you the quality you deserve and expect in our [product].
- It’s our [employee role and name]’s birthday today! [Employee name] has [company achievements]. They’re celebrating with a well-deserved day off today!
- [Employee role and name] has officially been with us for [length of employment]. Thank you for everything you do for [company]!
- We’re giving our team some much-needed time off on [date]. Here’s how they’re spending it:
- Meet [employee name]—a [role] here at [company] who helps us make sure [job function]. Without team members like [team member], we wouldn’t be able to achieve our mission: [mission statement].
- Meet our [specific team] team! Our [roles] are essential to our [job function]. Check out some of the amazing tasks they perform everyday!
- We are excited to welcome [employee name] as [role]! In their new position, they will [job function]. Fun fact: [Share a fun fact]. Drop your warm greetings in the comments!
- [Value]: [definition]. [Employee name] personifies this value. From all of us at [company], thank you!
Celebrating a milestone Instagram captions
- We did it! [Details of the achievement].
- [Company] turns [age]! Thank you for joining us on our journey.
- We put our blood, sweat and tears into it and we finally made it happen! [Details of the milestone].
- [Company age] and counting.
- Started from the bottom, now we’re here.
- It’s been [number of years] years, [hours of work] amount of work, X number of [fill in the blank] and today we’re excited to share that we’ve done it!
- [Number of years] years! We can’t believe it. Thank you for your support every step of the way.
- [Number of years] years. [Number of employees] team members. [Number of customers] customers served. And this is just the beginning.
- We’re celebrating [number of years] years by sharing photos from our earliest days.
- In honor of [number of years] years in business, we’re sharing [number of years] moments with our customers that made all the hard work worth it.
- The countdown to [accomplishment/momentous event] begins.
Podcast promotion Instagram captions
- On today’s episode, [podcast host name(s)] cover everything you need to know about [topic]. Listen now at the link in our bio.
- This week, we’re telling you the story of [topic]. You can listen to this episode right now by clicking the link in our bio.
- Our latest episode is in your feed. Listen to our take on [topic] at the link in our bio now.
- Today’s episode is a must-listen. We’re joined by [guest name] to cover [topic]. Listen to the episode at the link in our bio or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- How can you [topic]? On today’s episode of our podcast, we’re joined by [guest] to discuss underrated tips. Tap the link in our bio to tune into the conversation now.
- During this season of [podcast name] we talked to [podcast guests] and more about [topics]. Tune in to hear the highlights in the link of our bio.
- Listen to the whole convo that led to this moment. (Note: share with a video snippet of your pod episode)
- Bloopers from this week. Full episode available at the link in our bio.
- This episode is live now.
- 🎙New Podcast Episode: [Episode title]. In this episode, our own [host A] and [host B] unpack [theme] and [why it matters for your audience].
- Here’s a roundup of our favorite podcasts to learn about [topic]: [List podcasts].
- 📣 New episode alert! Join us for [episode title] to hear about:
🔮 [example: Social media predictions for 2023]
📈 [example: Tricks to hack your engagement next year]
👯 [example: How to supercharge your engagement]
(Note: Change the emojis based on your topics and themes)
Blog promotion Instagram captions
- We made a list of the [blog post topic]. 🔗Link in bio to see what made the cut.
- Listen up. Anyone can learn to [blog post topic]. Click the link in bio to learn how.
- Find [number] tips to [blog post topic] at the link in our bio.
- ✨NEW ON THE BLOG we are breaking down [blog post topic] with specific takeaways you can start using today. Find it at the link in our bio.
- Get our hot take on [trending industry topic] at the link in our bio.
- You’ll find the full blog in our bio, but here’s the rundown for how you can [blog post topic]: [list key takeaways from the blog post]
- Discover our experience trying [blog post topic] at the link in our bio.
- Get the full story by clicking our #linkinbio.
- Link in bio for more tips and tricks to [blog post topic].
- “[Quote from the article].” Read more from [subject matter expert] at the link in our bio.
- Think X is easy? Learn from [insert employee name] about [blog post topic] to create [product or service].
- The new blog post in three words: [word A, word B and word C]. Head to the link in our bio to read the whole thing.
Instagram captions to generate engagement
- How often do YOU [insert something your product can help with]?
- What’s your favorite part of this [insert what’s depicted in your image]?
- Drop a [emoji] in the comments if you [something relevant to your image/brand/product].
- Did you know: [fun fact relevant to your brand/product].
- Double tap if [something relevant to your product].
- Tag [person] if [something relevant to your product].
- [Your product/brand] has entered the chat.
- [An adjective to describe your product] 🤝 [another adjective to describe your product].
- Use [branded hashtag] to get featured!
- Felt cute, might delete later.
- It’s time for a [product A] vs [product B] showdown. Comment ❣️ to vote for [product A] or ✨ to vote for [product B]
- True or false?
- Tag the person you’d share this with.
- Our favorite day of the week has arrived: [hashtag e.g. #TellMeSomethingTuesday]. We loved your responses last week! Check out some favorites here 👇 and be sure to share with us this week for a chance to be featured next time!
- Fill in the blank. “The [brand name] [product] I can’t live without is _____.”
- Show us how you use [product].
- Pop quiz: [Question]? Drop your answer in the comments. 👇 Then check our Story for the answer!
- We want to know what YOU want to know! Comment with your biggest questions about [industry topic] 👇
Reposting user-generated content Instagram captions
- We love this look from [username]. Don’t forget to tag us in your pics and hashtag [branded hashtag] for the chance to be featured and to win a [prize]. New winners every week.
- Consider us influenced. Spotted: [username] with our [product]. Tap to shop.
- You’re absolutely going to want to see the final result of this. (Note: share a video of a customer doing a DIY project using your products)
- We’ve all been there. (Note: share a relatable moment)
- Look 🗣️ at 🗣️ them 🗣️ go.
- Inspo: [username]
- We saw you posting about us and thought it was time to return the love. [username]
- [Your product], but make it fashion.
- We see you 👀 Keep tagging us [brand username] for a chance to be featured next.
- We can’t pick which photo is our favorite. (Note: include a carousel of multiple UGC images or compile multiple UGC videos into one Reel)
- Meet [creator username], the [adjective] creator who teaches us how to [verb].
Winter Instagram captions
- It’s giving season.
- The perfect complement to any holiday party is available now.
- Winter is coming.
- Sending all the cozy vibes your way.
- We’re celebrating the snow day by [winter activity]. How are you seizing the day?
- Embrace hygge this season.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
- Make this holiday season one to remember.
- It’s the season to be freezin’.
- Hot cocoa weather is here.
- Unfortunately, it’s cold outside. Fortunately, we have the perfect indoor [product].
Spring Instagram captions
- Yay! It’s gonna be May!
- The first signs of spring.
- Live life in full bloom.
- Views on a rainy spring day. ☁️
- It’s giving… MEMORIAL DAY SALE!
- Ready for sunshine. 🌞
- Our [location] is thawing out. 🧊
- May flowers 💐
- The best thing about spring? New beginnings.
- What are your favorite things about spring?
- It smells like spring.
- Let’s do some mental health spring cleaning: What’s one thing you are letting go of this spring? (Examples: other peoples’ opinions, negative self-talk)
Summer Instagram captions
- OOO vibes 🌴
- [product name]: The must-have item for your vacation packing list.
- The season we never want to end.
- It’s iced coffee season.
- This weather is what dreams are made of.
- Category is: vacation energy.
- POV: it’s the last weekend of summer.
- How are you celebrating this three-day weekend? Here’s how our employees are recharging:
- Heading to [festival]? Here are our 4 tips to make the most of it.
- Fill in the blank: My favorite thing about summer is _____.
- What songs are on your summer playlist?
- How have you enjoyed the outdoors this summer?
Fall captions for Instagram
- If you were a Spice Girl, you’d be pumpkin spice.
- It’s Gilmore Girls season. 🍁🍂
- Taken straight from your Pinterest board.
- Awe-tum vibes. 🍁
- *Our camera roll the second it turned fall* 🍁
- Cozy is coming.
- Pumpkins, spice and everything nice.
- My favorite thing about the fall season is ______. We love X. Tell us yours.
- We love fall, most of all.
- POV: the first day of fall.
- When the weather drops below 70 degrees.
- We’re falling for you. (Note: include an image of your product)
- Sweater szn is upon us.
- Out with the swimsuits. In with the sweaters.
- Cozy szn is here. What’s your cozy core fall essential?
New Year’s Instagram captions
- Let’s cheer in the new year! Happy [year] 🎊
- New year, same energy ✨
- Happy New Year! May you have many happy days ahead.
- The countdown to NYE is on. Shop our New Year’s collection at the link in our bio.
- [Last year] was fun… but BIG things are happening in [this year]! Stay tuned.
- We have a feeling [new year] will be your year.
- Cheers to [new year]! Bring on the bubbly.
- What was the best advice you received this year? Share it in the comments.
- To our customers, partners and team members—what an amazing year! Here’s to everything [new year] has in store. Happy New Year!
- What are your New Year’s plans? Tell us: are you ringing in the new year at a party or relaxing at home?
- The new year is here! May all your resolutions come true.
- [Last year] ✔️ Cue the confetti!
- [New year] is the year to prioritize _____.
Lunar New Year Instagram captions
- Wishing you a happy and prosperous Lunar New Year!
- Here’s a roundup of all the Lunar New Year events happening in our community this year.
- Did you know that over 20% of the world celebrates the Lunar New Year? For many who celebrate, it’s the most important holiday of the year!
- Happy Lunar New Year! What traditions are a part of your celebration this year?
- Wishing you a Lunar New Year filled with family, good luck, health, hope and prosperity.
- Celebrate the Year of the [zodiac animal]! Happy Lunar New Year! [zodiac animal emoji]
- Get your lanterns, red envelopes and dumplings ready—Lunar New Year is here!
- May health, longevity, prosperity, fortune and happiness find you this Lunar New Year!
- Hoping this #LunarNewYear outshines the rest!
- Here are a few of our favorite ways our community is celebrating #LunarNewYear:
- Here are [number] things you should know before celebrating #LunarNewYear: [List]
Valentine’s Day Instagram captions
- Sometimes the best love is self-love ❤️
- Hugs, kisses and best Valentine’s Day wishes xoxo
- Happy Valentine’s Day! How are you showering your partners/besties/family (and yourself, of course!) with love today?
- Dream Valentine’s Day aesthetic. 😍
- Galentine’s goals.
- This #ValentinesDay, let’s reminisce. What’s the first [product type] you fell in love with? Tell us in the comments.👇
- How are you spoiling your Valentine today? Gift ideas in our bio link.
- Here are 10 reasons we love our customers. #ValentinesDay
- Thankful for all the love from our team today! (Note: feature images of employees wearing company swag)
- People have been celebrating #ValentinesDay since 496 AD. Here’s a look back at some vintage celebrations.
- One for you and one for your Valentine.
Mother’s Day/Father’s Day Instagram captions
- There are no words to describe how grateful we are. #HappyMothersDay!
- [Mother’s Day/Father’s Day] isn’t always easy. Holding space for whatever emotions you’re experiencing today.
- Dear Dads, one day isn’t enough to celebrate all you do. #HappyFathersDay!
- We wouldn’t be here without our [moms/dads/parents]. [#HappyMothersDay/#HappyFathersDay!]
- Thanks for being the Lorelai to our Rory. #HappyMothersDay!
- To all the moms out there: You were right—about everything. #HappyMothersDay!
- To all the father figures in our lives, thank you.
- Dads, thanks for keeping us humble. #HappyFathersDay!
- Finish the sentence: The best thing about my [mom/dad] is ______.
- To everyone struggling today, we see you. Celebrate yourself and all who have helped you get to this moment.
Independence Day Instagram captions
- Baby, you’re a firework.
- It’s a party in the USA ❤️🤍💙
- Red, white and blue ✨
- Keep calm and sparkle on.
- Family, fireworks and the 4th of July.
- American pie ✔️ Baseball ✔️ Fireworks ✔️ Happy July 4th, friends!
- Current mood: ready for fireworks.
- Happy Independence Day! Wishing you a joy-filled celebration with fireworks, family and fun.
- American dreamin’
- What are the essential parts of your 4th of July celebration?
- Today, in 1776 the Declaration of Independence was ratified by the Second Continental Congress, officially establishing the USA. Pop quiz: how many people signed it?
Halloween captions for Instagram
- All treats, no tricks.
- Happy #Halloween, witches!
- Happy #Halloween! What is your pet dressing up as this year? Show us using [insert hashtag].
- Eat, drink and be scary this Halloween.
- Like Grandma Aggie always said, “Being normal is vastly overrated.” From here to Halloweentown, we hope you have a spooky night!
- Something wicked this way comes.
- Ghouls just wanna have fun!
- Tag the Gomez to your Morticia. #Halloween
- Only [number] days until Halloween! What’s on your #Halloween bucket list?
- We want to see your #HalloweenCostume! Use #Halloween and #[branded hashtag] to be featured on our Story.
- Here’s everything you need to make your Halloween decor next-level #spooky. #HalloweenNeeds
Diwali Instagram captions
- To everyone celebrating the Festival of Lights, Happy Diwali!
- Love and light to you this Diwali ✨
- May the light and joy of this beautiful holiday brighten your life—today and always.
- Wishing you a bright Diwali!
- May the festival of lights fill your life with the glow of happiness and the sparkle of joy
- Hope this year is as bright as ever. Happy Diwali!
- Happy Diwali! Sending you light and love.
- Diwali is a symbol of hope. May this celebration bring compassion, awareness and inner peace to all.
- Best wishes for a glowing Diwali!
- Shubh Deepavali! Wishing you the happiest Diwali this year.
- Let the light of Diwali lift you up this year!
Thanksgiving Instagram captions
- Thankful for all of our customers this holiday season.
- Tag 3 people you’re thankful for in the comments.
- #Thanksgiving is right around the corner. What dish are you most excited for?
- Give thanks.
- The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel.
- Football. Naps. Repeat.
- Your #Friendsgiving inspo.
- Get ready for the big day. 🥧🍗 🏈
- Are you ready for #BlackFriday? Head to the link in our bio for our best deals.
- BRB, recovering from too much turkey. In the meantime, swipe through this carousel for [topic].
Hanukkah Instagram captions
- With each candle you light, may your home grow brighter with peace, joy and love.
- Happy Hanukkah! Wishing you eight days and nights of happiness.
- Sending you peace and light on the first day of Hanukkah.
- Celebrate the miracle of the season. Happy Hanukkah.
- Wishing you peace, love and joy during this Hanukkah season.
- Bright and joyful Hanukkah wishes.
- May your home glow with the warmth of family and friends during this year’s Festival of Lights.
- Let it glow. Wishing you joy this Hanukkah!
- Happy Challah Days! May your Hanukkah be filled with light and love.
- Laugh. Latkes. Happy Hanukkah, friends!
- A little more fun. A little more love. A little more light every night. Happy Hanukkah!
- May your light shine bright this Hanukkah.
Christmas Instagram captions
- We’re feeling *extra* festive this year. Shop all your Christmas favorites at the link in our bio.
- Opening up our [holiday products] is music to our ears ❄️
- ‘Tis the season to tap to shop.
- Your favorite Christmas gift guide for [year] has arrived.
- May your days be merry and bright.
- Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.
- Christmas starts Nov 1, right? 🌲
- Son of a Nutcracker! We can’t believe Christmas is almost here. Head to the link in our bio for items you can still get by the holiday.
- We believe there’s room for everyone on the Nice List.
- PSA: It’s not too early to start watching Christmas movies.
- I’m only a morning person on Dec 25th.
- Merry Christmas! Wishing you many joyful moments this holiday season.
- Merriest Christmas wishes! Sending you peace, love and joy.
- It’s Mariah Carey season!
Kwanzaa Instagram captions
- Habari Gani! May Kwanzaa bring you time to enjoy the blessings of family, community and togetherness. ❤️🖤💚
- May Kwanzaa bring happiness to your family and friends.
- Joyous Kwanzaa! During this seven-day celebration of Black culture, families light a candle each day on the kinara and enjoy food, song and dance.
- ‘Tis the season of the harvest. May you have a joyous Kwanzaa filled with community and joy!
- To mark the beginning of Kwanzaa, we wish you and your families a joyous celebration.
- Happy Kwanzaa! How are you celebrating this year?
- Wishing you and your family a blessed Kwanzaa.
- May the light of unity and hope shine brightly during your Kwanzaa celebration.
- We hope the rich traditions of Kwanzaa fill your home with joy and unity during this week-long celebration.
- Things from our community’s Kwanzaa celebrations that just make sense. (Note: share UGC of Kwanzaa celebrations)
- The official theme of Kwanzaa this year is [theme]. How will you honor this year’s theme? What does this theme mean to you?
- Habari Gani! Today is [day/principle of Kwanzaa in Swahili, (English translation)]. What does [principle] mean to you? How do you celebrate this day with loved ones? Tell us in the comments.
- Habari Gani! Today is [day/principle of Kwanzaa in Swahili, (English translation)]. Tag someone who reminds you of this principle.
Social media holiday Instagram captions
- May the 4th be with you. Happy #StarWarsDay!
- DONUT tell me you forgot about #NationalDonutDay! It’s not too late to grab one for your work bestie.
- On #NationalUFODay, we want to know: Do you believe life exists outside of Earth?
- It’s #WorldEmojiDay! Share the last 5 emojis you used in the comments.
- Happy #NationalHotDogDay! We have to know. Are you team ketchup or team Chicago style?
- #NationalIceCreamDay is here. Poll: What’s your favorite nostalgic ice cream treat? Share in the comments.
- It’s tequila time all-day today! Bring on the margs. #NationalTequilaDay
- To our biggest supporters, we can’t thank you enough. #ParentsDay
- Who knew cheese makes the best dessert? Happy #NationalCheesecakeDay!
- Tag your bestie. #InternationalFriendshipDay
- To our organizer friends, your vacation itineraries keep us grounded. We salute you. #NationalPlannerDay
- Sister, sister. Tag the Tia to your Tamera. #NationalSistersDay
- Cats make the puuuuuurfect fur-ever friends. How are you spoiling your kitty on #InternationalCatDay? 🐾
- A holiday we can get behind. #NationalLazyDay
- We truly believe children are our future. Here are [number] things we’re doing to empower the next generation. #InternationalYouthDay
- In the past 100 years, the world’s elephant population has shrunk from 12 million to 400,000. On #WorldElephantDay, we’re highlighting the advocacy work our friends at [nonprofit organization] are doing to save the elephants.
- Lefties, you’re one of 980 million. Really! Roughly 12% of the world’s population is left-handed. Today, we salute you for surviving (and thriving) in a right-handed world. #LeftHandersDay
- Black cats are iconic—from Sabrina’s Salem to Hocus Pocus’ Thackery Binks. But they are still less likely to get adopted than other felines due to the superstitions surrounding them. Let’s flip the script! Share your favorite photos of your black kitty with #BlackCatAppreciationDay.
- This year’s #WorldHumanitarianDay theme [theme of the year] is personified by these members of our community. Thank you for all you do!
- On #WorldPhotographyDay, we’re sharing your best snaps. Tag us at [branded hashtag] and include the holiday hashtag to be featured.
- Q: Are french fries really French? A: No, the first fries were invented in Belgium. But you can enjoy them no matter where you are. #NationalFrenchFryDay
- A bond like no other. #NationalDogDay
- The love of a grandparent is like no other. Extra thankful for our #1 fans, the best huggers and our ultimate role models on #NationalGrandparentsDay.
- Today’s history lesson starts with a pop quiz. How many people signed the US constitution? A: 39 men. Swipe for more #ConstitutionDay facts.
- Americans consume 50 BILLION cheeseburgers per year. That’s 150 burgers/person. Needless to say, they’re basically a national pastime. #NationalCheeseburgerDay
- Don’t talk to us until we’ve had our coffee. #NationalCoffeeDay
- Us when we remember the first pancakes were enjoyed in the Stone Age 30,000 years ago. #NationalPancakeDay
- Here’s to our emergency contacts. #NationalBoyfriendDay
- Forget the flowers, bring tacos. Happy #NationalTacoDay!
- #WorldMentalHealthDay reminder: you’re loved, valued, brave, appreciated and NOT alone.
- If you were a type of pasta, what would you be? #NationalPastaDay
- On #WorldKindnessDay remember: One small act of kindness can have a lifelong impact.
- Brands to be on the lookout for 👀 Meet the small businesses with products we couldn’t live without. #SmallBusinessSaturday
- Today is your chance to support our nonprofit partners [nonprofit A’s username] and [nonprofit B’s username] in their mission to [mission statement]. #GivingTuesday
- In honor of #Festivus, it’s time to “air our grievances.” Clear your mind and scrub your soul by sharing your biggest holiday pain points in the comments.
- Take a hike! It’s #NationalHikingDay.
Short Instagram captions
- Click the link in bio.
- No caption needed.
- You know what to do.
- TREND ALERT
- Game changer
- [Branded hashtag]
- Truth bomb 💣
- Oh hey, [creator name/brand partner name/celebrity name]
- As requested
- Your go-to coffee order?
- Life hack.
- Someone had to say it.
- Our vibe right now.
- Can’t pick just one.
- We feel seen.
- THIS MOMENT
- More of this, please.
- Us in a nutshell.
- It’s a mood.
- We said it.
- Our go-to.
- Happiness is…
Funny Instagram captions
- That Monday morning mood has me like:
- TFW you don’t let your pizza rolls cool down.
- Business in the front, party in the back.
- “On Oct 3rd he asked me what day it is.” – Mean Girls
- This is what the [product] you [wear/buy] says about you.
- POV: our team, caught in the wild.
- Are you seeing this?!
- The perfect [product] for [Air/Water/Earth/Fire] signs.
- Good things come to those who [verb related to your products].
- We promise the next photo will be better.
Cute Instagram captions
- There’s magic in every moment.
- Here’s to finding joy everyday.
- Remember: diamonds are made under pressure. 💎
- Following your passion brings joy and light from within.
- Honor yourself today.
- Keep showing up.
- Remember to stop and appreciate how far you’ve come.
- This hit us right in the feels. 😭
- What would make you the best version of yourself today?
- Rest is an essential part of progress. 😴
- Embrace every season.
- Don’t underestimate your influence.
How to write an Instagram caption
To write good Instagram captions, you must always keep your target audience top of mind. Who are you writing for? How do you want them to feel when they see your post or read your Instagram caption? What actions do you want them to take?
Here are a few more tips for creating Instagram captions that resonate.
1. Give your audience more context
A picture might say a thousand words, but your Instagram posts need captions to provide more context. Especially when sharing branded content, you need some copy to fully explain the point you’re trying to convey.
Use your caption to:
- Describe to your audience the image you shared
- Explain why you’re sharing it and why it’s relevant
- Give your audience an action to take
Most importantly, do so in a way that’s concise and to the point. Which brings me to my next tip.
2. Keep captions short and sweet
Instagram captions can be a maximum of 2,200 characters, which is between 310 and 550 words. However, that doesn’t mean every one of your captions should take up that much space.
In fact, it’s typically better to create a succinct, quick and easy-to-read caption over a large block of text—except for in rare circumstances when that space is needed to fully flesh out an offering, contest, giveaway or promotion. Sometimes, it might be best to only write a one-word Instagram caption.
3. Stick to your tone of voice guidelines
Every brand should have standard brand voice guidelines to follow. This helps your marketing team be consistent, not only in every single Instagram caption but also everywhere else including your tweets, Facebook posts, blog content and email newsletters.
4. Incorporate holidays, hashtags, emojis and acronyms
Even for a business, Instagram is still a fun social media platform, so don’t be afraid to let loose a little. Celebrate your followers’ favorite holidays and seasons. Incorporate emojis. Use a bit of slang. Throw in some popular acronyms (i.e., DM, IRL, IMO, FOMO). Of course, always be sure to use Instagram hashtags.
5. Drive engagement
While someone may “like” your photo just because it’s high-quality or well-designed, as a brand you’re hoping for a bit more than that. Maybe a comment, a follow or—best-case scenario—a purchase or signup.
To further engage your audience, use your caption strategically. Ask a question or tease a new product or feature using some of the examples we shared above.
Take advantage of these Instagram caption ideas
Start creating your own incredible Instagram posts with these Instagram caption ideas. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
And if you want to up your Instagram game, learn more about how your brand can maximize your Instagram efforts.
The Instagram algorithm: How it works and strategies for 2023Published on March 23, 2023 Reading time 11 minutes
Instagram statistics you need to know for 2023Published on March 6, 2023 Reading time 7 minutes
9 Instagram trends to watch in 2023Published on February 22, 2023 Reading time 8 minutes
How to run an Instagram giveaway or contest successfullyPublished on February 6, 2023 Reading time 9 minutes