Not just a video site, but also one of the most successful search engines in the world, YouTube is a valuable place for marketers.
As video marketing grows increasingly popular as a way to engage with customers, YouTube’s presence has grown in the business space. Today, companies can go beyond the standard “personal” account on YouTube to access the benefits of a branded account.
The YouTube Brand Account gives your company a unique presence online, separated from your personal profile. Though a YouTube Brand Account is a separate entity, it’s available to access and manage through your personal channel.
How to create a YouTube Brand Account
To create a YouTube Brand Account, you’ll first need a Google profile. Go to the Google Account Setup page and enter your name, email address and a password. You’ll also be asked to provide additional details like a mobile phone number, your country of origin, gender and birth date. Once you agree to the terms of service and click Next, Google will confirm your new account.
To create your YouTube Brand Account, go to YouTube and log in using your new Google credentials.
- Click the image or avatar in the top right of the screen.
- Select Creator Studio in the drop-down menu.
- Click again on your avatar or image in the top right corner and choose the Settings gear
- Select Create a New Channel
- Enter a name for your YouTube Business account and click Create.
Adding details to your YouTube Brand Account
With your YouTube Brand Account established, you’ll need to optimize your account, just like with any other social media channel. There are many different components to consider on a YouTube account, but some of the most important are:
- Channel Icon and artwork: A dedicated banner and icon make your profile stand out and helps your brand to seem more credible. The channel icon dimensions are 800 x 800, displaying as 98 x 98 pixels. The channel banner dimensions are 2,560 x 1440 with a recommended space of 1546 x 423 for mobile and web.
- Channel description: Similar to a bio on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, your YouTube Brand Account needs a description. Add useful information about your business and contact details. YouTube also allows for up to five customizable hyperlinks.
- Featured Channels and activities: Highlight your favorite channels and videos on YouTube to start building connections with potential influencers and demonstrate your brand personality.
- Channel trailer: A short video to introduce your channel is an excellent way to supplement your company’s “About” page and let your followers know what to expect from you.
Benefits of a YouTube Brand Channel
Most social media channels now offer a “Business” option for organizations that need to go beyond the features of a personal account. YouTube is no exception. With a dedicated brand channel on YouTube, brands will:
- Enhance their marketing campaigns with a focused series of video advertising campaigns.
- Discover a new way to track and measure engagement with the help of social media tools like Sprout Social.
- Demonstrate the credibility of their brand through a professional image across multiple social channels.
- Make it easier to share your videos on other Social media channels
YouTube even provides the option to add extra managers to your Brand Account. This means that you can allow multiple people in your team to create content for your brand. Business leaders can even add forward-thinking employee advocates to their YouTube brand channel team and enable them to post behind-the-scenes content.
Recommended for you
We wanted to explore consumer misconceptions of social media professionals: Instead, it sparked a dialogue about the need for greater diversityPublished on December 5, 2023 Reading time 9 minutes
Top 10 reputation management software and how to select the best tool for your businessPublished on December 5, 2023 Reading time 8 minutes
How to use social media ecommerce effectively in 2024Published on December 4, 2023 Reading time 8 minutes