Facebook Business Page
A Facebook business page is a public social media profile designed for commercial organizations.
Like a personal Facebook account, Facebook businesses pages allow you to make connections online. Brands use their Facebook pages to promote products and services through links, status updates, photos and videos.
Companies also build stronger connections with their consumer base through their Facebook business pages by engaging in conversations, commenting on posts or “liking” statuses.
ow to create a Facebook Business Page
Creating a Facebook business page is simple. Start by logging onto your personal Facebook account. Click on the drop-down arrow in the top right corner of your screen, then choose “create page.” You’ll arrive in a window where you choose the type of business page that best suits your company. Categories include:
- Cause or Community
- Brand or product
- Public figure or brand
- Organization, company or institution
- Local Business or Place
Most small companies choose “local business or place”, while larger brands opt for “company, organization or institution”.
Facebook requires companies to enter basic business information before they create a page. This means you’ll need to fill out:
- Your address: Street, city/state and zip code
- Your phone number
- Your business name
Completing your Facebook Business Page profile
To get the most out of Facebook for businesses, it’s important to fill out your profile. Once you’ve created your page, upload a profile picture that draws people to your company and demonstrates the value of your business. Then add additional business details that help customers decide whether they want to buy from you, like:
- A short description of what your business does or sells.
- Your business opening hours.
- Your website link or a link to your eCommerce store.
- Group pages where customers interact
- A button that allows customers to directly book services, launch a Facebook messenger conversation or download an app.
Manage your Facebook Business settings
Once you’re finished setting up your page, create a pinned post to add to the top of your page, welcoming people to your new Facebook profile. Facebook also offers the option to create custom tabs to your profile, which companies use to share special offers, run contests and capture leads. Remember to:
- Review your settings: Decide who you want to have access to your page, and how visible your want your profile to be.
- Like other pages: Liking other pages will start to build your social network.
- Invite friends to follow your Facebook Business page.
The benefits of a Facebook Business Page
At the time of writing, Facebook has more than 2.23 billion monthly active users, making it the largest social media site in the world. A Facebook Business page allows companies to present a professional image to customers and connect with them through a naturally “social” platform. Benefits include access to:
- Useful data in “Facebook Insights” to better track and target customers.
- Facebook offers to excite and delight your audience or drive them to your website.
- Unlimited number of friends. Standard profiles are restricted to 5,000 followers.
- A professional image. Facebook business pages show you’re invested in your company.
- Access to advertising through targeted promoted posts. Facebook has one of the best targeting services online.
- Native Facebook scheduling to maintain a consistent presence.
- Connection to Facebook Places to help customers find your business.
- Facebook Messenger to communicate with customers.
- Better SEO thanks to improved backlinks and online presence.