Facebook Boost Post
A Facebook Boost Post is a type of paid advertisement on Facebook promoting an existing post from a business page. Facebook Boost Posts amplify the reach of your content to appear to a wider range of your target audience outside of people who already follow your page. A Boost Post is different from a regular Facebook ad as Boost Posts are more limited in certain customized settings like ad placement and audience targeting.
When choosing which posts to promote, brands can select posts that have high engagement to encourage even more interactions, feature a popular product or service and boost a landing page for greater monetization or traffic.
How Do I Boost a Facebook Post?
You can customize your Facebook Boost Post to show to a specific audience and control your daily budget without going through the Facebook Ads Manager, which is typically used for regular Facebook ads.
Steps to create a Facebook Boost Post:
- Go to your Facebook business page
- Click on the button “Boost Post”
- Select target audience options listed or click “Create New Audience” to name your new audience and choose targeting settings. Current audience options: People you choose through targeting, People who like your Page, People who like your Page and their friends
- Choose total budget (or the max spent on promoting your Facebook post until you cease your campaign). The higher your budget, the higher the numbers for “Estimated People Reached” to grow the amount of people who see your ad.
- Pick the length of the ad promotion and the date to stop the promotion
- Choose currency and payment method
- Click Boost Now button
There is a second way to boost a post by going to the Facebook Insights tab, scroll to “Your 5 Most Recent Posts” section and under the “Promote” column, click on the “Boost Post” button next to the post you want to amplify.
Pros of Facebook Boost Posts
- Promote popular posts easily. Simply click the “Boost Post” button for a selected post and choose your settings in the same window.
- Target specific audiences. Choose your audience to optimize the promotion of a product or service based on gender, age, location, interests, behaviors and more.
- Project potential number of people reach. Facebook can estimate the number of people reached depending on the audience targeting, budget and duration of the ad so you know what you’re paying for before you pay for a Facebook Boost Post.