According to a 2020 survey, 92% of marketers said that video content is an important part of their marketing strategy (Source: Wyzowl). And it should be–social media video content is eye-catching on otherwise static feeds. It’s a highly effective way to hook your target audience and demonstrate your brand’s personality. And the format can be spliced, simplified and transformed into a myriad of social content assets.
In 2020, 37% of social marketers said they needed more resources in order for social media video content to make a greater business impact. But before investing more dollars into video development, you need to make sure you’re getting the most out of single video assets.
This guide and worksheet will help you extend the life and value of a branded video by turning it into:
- Teasers to build excitement and pique your audience’s interest
- Short clips to tell a powerful portion of your story
- GIFs to engage with your community
- Templated quotes so the most salient points speak for themselves
- Behind-the-scenes and bloopers reels to show the human side of your brand
Not sure how to get started? Use this worksheet with fill-in-the-blanks, checklists and content ideas as your guide. It includes prompts to inspire your video story, examples of how to spin your video into something new for social and content strategy tips for pre- and post-launch.