Instagram Highlight covers are images used to label Instagram Highlights. If you’re unfamiliar with Instagram Highlights, they are essentially Instagram Stories that have been saved to a user’s profile. Highlights are unique because they are accessible even after the 24-hour story expiration date.
Instagram Highlight covers are located at the bottom of your Instagram profile, so they will be part of a user’s first impression of your brand.
Strategic use of Instagram Highlight covers is essential for using Instagram Highlights effectively.
When designing your Instagram Highlight covers, it’s best practice to use colors and filters that not only look great but also give a consistent look and feel to your Instagram page. Try and use color combinations and visuals that fit your brand’s social media style.
You can edit your Stories Highlight cover by repositioning the image from one of your Stories or uploading a new photo.
Tips for creating Highlight covers for Instagram
- Brand your highlight covers. Use your brand colors along with icons or words that represent the Highlight well. Think about the colors, fonts, and voice you’re using. Make sure that your Highlight cover designs make sense for your business.
- Use high-quality photos. This might seem like a no-brainer, but use high-resolution images for your Highlight covers. Remember that looks are important on Instagram. Your Highlight covers are one of the first things a user sees on your profile so you want to make a good first impression.
- Be clear, precise and organized. Make your Highlight covers simple and easy to read. Your Highlight cover is not meant to tell the whole story, but rather to entice your audience to find out more. Curate your Highlights covers with a purpose.
How to make Instagram Highlight covers
- Pull them from your story. In your story, go to Highlight in the bottom right corner and choose the Highlight you want to add. You can also tap new to create a new highlight, then tap add.
- Create them through your profile. On your profile, tap the +New button to the left of your current Highlights. Then select the Story you want to add to your new highlight.
- Design a custom Instagram Highlight cover. Use a design tool like Canva to create custom Instagram Highlight covers.
Recommended for you
We wanted to explore consumer misconceptions of social media professionals: Instead, it sparked a dialogue about the need for greater diversityPublished on December 5, 2023 Reading time 9 minutes
Top 10 reputation management software and how to select the best tool for your businessPublished on December 5, 2023 Reading time 8 minutes
How to use social media ecommerce effectively in 2024Published on December 4, 2023 Reading time 8 minutes