Now Hiring: Sprout Insights Is Contracting Great Freelance Writers
Sprout Insights and Sprout Social have both grown tremendously over the past couple of years, but we’re not done yet. Our mission to help business owners, marketers, community managers, and other professionals develop practical strategies for tech and social media continues, and we need more writers to help us spread the word.
If you want to write for us, you should be able to find the essence of complex topics and present that information in plain, clear language with just a touch of passion and enthusiasm. We’re not looking for in-depth analysis of IPOs and acquisitions, but down-to-earth strategies and opinion pieces about dealing with social in the world of business.
You should also be able to closely follow a style guide and our established processes for formatting and editing work — basic professional writer stuff.
There is one available paid contract position: Contributing Writer. Below are the responsibilities and qualifications, along with instructions for how to apply.
About the Company
Sprout Social helps businesses, brands, political campaigns, marketers, nonprofit organizers, and other professionals keep up with the rapidly changing world of the social web with a social media management application, guides, and other resources.
Among those resources is Sprout Insights, a web publication updated regularly with free news and feature articles about the social web and how people can get the most of out of it.
We want to help people better understand the social web and the ways they can use it to improve their businesses and lives. We are a competitive resource for web surfers at large, providing value while exposing our brand.
Role: Contributing Writer
Sprout Social is looking for bright and personable bloggers to write how-tos, guides, case studies, and other helpful features to help businesses and marketers navigate the social web — all in a accessible but highly informative voice. The position is highly flexible, but bloggers will be expected to produce a few articles per week to our demanding specifications. This is a paid-per-article, freelance position. Previous experience as a paid freelance writer is preferred.
- Write timely, helpful, and friendly feature-length articles such as how-tos, guides, and narrative case studies making sense of the social web for businesses, marketers, and enterprise.
- Complete 1-3 articles weekly, consistently meeting deadlines.
- Optimize articles for search engines and social media shares.
- Learn and follow best practices and editorial style.
- Previously published writer, preferably in the technology or social media spaces.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to write relatable features for absolute beginners while adhering unfailingly to style guidelines and editorial processes.
- Knowledge of social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Foursquare, Yelp, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube as they relate to marketing and business.
- Works well with deadlines.
- This is a work-from-home position.
This is a part-time freelance work agreement. The accepted applicants will be paid per article at a competitive rate.
How to apply
If you’re interested, please email email@example.com a cover letter describing your experience, knowledge, and whatever else you bring to the table. Also include three professional writing samples either original or hosted elsewhere on the web — personal blogs do not count. Please include “Contributing Writer, Sprout Social Blog” in the subject line. Thanks!
[Image credit: Ciaran McGuiggan]