From Crisis to Connection: How to Build a Social Media Crisis Management StrategyDownload Guide
Crises of all kinds could hit your brand at any moment.
In the past, communications leaders worried about fairly standard scenarios—those affecting your brand’s reputation, operations, leadership or employees. But as we’ve all learned lately, there’s no established template for social media crisis management when the crisis is a global pandemic.
Planning for the worst, and being able to adapt quickly no matter what you’re facing, has become critical—and social media plays a major role in your crisis management efforts. In fact, companies that respond well to a brand crisis see a 20% increase in value on average; those that respond poorly see a 30% decrease (Source: Pentland Analytics).
This comprehensive guide to social media crisis management will give you actionable best practices to:
- Develop a social media communications plan for the current coronavirus pandemic
- Create content that directly speaks to your customers’ needs during a crisis
- Prepare an evergreen crisis communications plan so you’re ready when needed
- Set up your social media operations to see your team through a crisis scenario
- Use social media to make actionable recommendations on business next steps
- And more!
Crisis management is no easy task but as a social media professional, you already have the empathy, communication skills and adaptability that are crucial during a crisis.
Now get the industry best practices you need to develop a plan that will empower your team, foster connection with your audience and help your brand weather any storm.
Data visualization: What it is and how it adds value to marketingPublished on April 30, 2020 Reading time 7 minutes