- "Non-Personal Information" is information that is in no way personally identifiable and that is obtained automatically through Your simple use of the Site with a web browser or the Service.
- "Personally Identifiable Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable and obtained in connection with providing a product or service to You. It may include information such as name and address.
When You enter the Site, We collect Non-Personal Information such as Your browser type and IP address. Likewise, in order to offer You meaningful products and services and for other reasons, We may collect Personally Identifiable Information about You from the following sources:
- Information You give us on applications or other forms on the Site and/or Software; or
- Information You send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email, telephone, and social media interaction; or
- If You use a mobile device platform to access the Services or communicate with Sprout Social™, information transmitted from Your mobile device; or
- Information purchased from third parties.
In order to become a User (as defined in the Terms), You must provide us the following information to create an account: name, email address, company name and address, phone number, credit card information, Your Twitter username and authorization to access Your Twitter account.
Sprout Social™ may request other information from You during or after the registration process that Sprout Social™ uses to provide better and more customized services to Users. You acknowledge that this information is personal to You, and by creating an account on Sprout Social™, You may allow others, including Sprout Social™, to identify You and to allow Sprout Social™ to use Your information in accordance with the Terms.
We collect information when You interact with Sprout Social’s customer service in order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of Our terms.
Using Third Party Services and Visiting Third Party Sites
In the course of optimizing the Service to Our Users, We may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on Your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable, but may provide general segment information for the enhancement of Your user experience by providing more relevant advertising. Sprout Social™ does not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
Log files, IP Addresses and information about Your computer and mobile device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when You visit the Site We automatically receive the URL of the site from which You came and the site to which You are going when You leave Sprout Social’s Site. Sprout Social™ also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of Your computer (or the proxy server You use to access the World Wide Web), Your computer operating system and type of web browser You are using, email patterns, Your mobile device (including Your UDID) and mobile operating system (if You are accessing the Site using a mobile device), as well as the name of Your ISP or Your mobile carrier. Sprout Social™ may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that You have enabled. Also, as described above in Section 2.D. Sprout Social™ receives information when You access third-party web pages through the Service. The link between Your IP address and Your personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without Your permission, except as described in Section 8. ("When We May Disclose Your Information"), below.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Sprout Social™ uses and/or intends to use Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Provide Users with the Service and other products and services that a User may request or that a User has expressed interest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate User interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services We make available to Users and potential Users;
- Track use of the Services;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to Users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send You reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to You through email messages; and
Links/Postings to Other Sites
The Site and/or Software may contain links to other websites. Sprout Social™ is not responsible for the actions, practices, or content of such websites linked to or from the Site and/or Software. You understand that such websites may have their own legal documents to which You must agree to prior to using and that We have no control over these legal documents. As always, You understand that it is Your responsibility to verify Your legal use of a website as well as use of information from the website with the corresponding website owner
Use of Aggregate Data
Sprout Social™ may combine Non-Personal Information You provide through the Site with information from other users to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate information does not contain any information that could be used to identify You and does not include Your personal contact information.
When We May Disclose Your Information
Except as set forth below or as specifically agreed to by You, Sprout Social™ will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information as gathered from You on the Site.
- We may share Personally Identifiable information We collect, as permitted by law, to companies such as credit reporting agencies, or servicing and processing companies, or when required or advised to do so in response to a valid legal requirement to release this information such as a state or federal law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to You or others, to protect property, or defend or assert legal rights, to defend ourselves in litigation. In the event that We are legally compelled to disclose Your Personally Identifiable information to a third party, We will attempt to notify You unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
- If You prefer that We do not share certain information with Our contractors and service provider, as described above, You can direct us not to share that information by contacting us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that an opt-out with respect to information sharing will not apply to information sharing arrangements described Sections 8.A, B or C.
- You may request that We provide You with a list of third-parties We have shared Your personal data with by contacting us at email@example.com.
If Your access to the Service is terminated based upon Your request that We do not share Your personal data with a third-party and that requests results in Your inability to use some or all of the Service, Your resulting inability to use the Service shall not be a basis for a refund or to avoid charges for the Service that You previously agreed to.
Access, Correction and Deletion of Personally Identifiable Data
You may request access to a report of the Personally Identifiable Information we maintain concerning Your use of the Service and you may request that the Personally Identifiable Information that we have collected and maintain be corrected or deleted. In order to make this request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that if you request that we delete Your Personally Identifiable Information, You may no longer have access to the Service. If Your access to the Service is terminated based upon Your request that We delete Your Personally Identifiable Information, please be advised that Your resulting inability to use the Service shall not be a basis for a refund or to avoid charges for the Service that You previously agreed to.
Security Policy & User ID/Password
Our site utilizes various information security measures such as internet firewalls, an intrusion detection system, encrypted data transmission, and operating procedures to protect Your personal data, accounts, passwords, etc. This information is kept completely separate and confidential, unless You have given someone-else Your user ID and password. As such, You should protect Your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. If You believe Your user ID and password have been compromised and You have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Site or within the application, please contact Our technical support department (email@example.com).
CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice
Sprout Social™ and its affiliates fully comply with the federal CAN-SPAM Act. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us.
Transfer of Ownership
Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personally Identifiable Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Sprout Social™ pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU Safe Harbor & Switzerland Safe Harbor
To the extent required by applicable statute related to your use of the Site and/or the Services, We comply with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We have certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Our certification page, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor.
BBB EU Safe Harbor Program: Privacy Complaints by EU & Swiss Citizens
To the extent required by applicable statute related to your use of the Site and/or the Services, We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Sprout Social, Inc., please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
Privacy Complaints in Brazil
In circumstances in which Brazil law is controlling, We commit to resolve complaints about Your privacy and Our collection or use of Your personal information. We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints to an independent dispute resolution mechanism.
Information and Other Rights, Contact
Upon written request, We would be happy to provide You with information as to whether – and if so, which – personal data We store in relation to You. Should Your personal data be incorrect, You may have this rectified immediately. Any such information or modification is free of charge.
Moreover, You are entitled to revoke Your consent to use of data in the future, in whole or in part. Should You desire this, We will delete or block your relevant data; however, doing so may result in Your inability to use the Service in whole or in part.
In order to assert such rights, please contact Sprout Social at email@example.com.
Sprout's Access to Your Account
You agree that Sprout Social™ can access Your account information in order to respond to Your service requests and/or as necessary, in Our sole discretion, to provide You with the Services.
Should You have a privacy question about the Site and/or Software, please email Our customer service department (firstname.lastname@example.org).