- Write timely, helpful, and friendly feature-length articles such as how-tos, guides, and narrative case studies making sense of the social web for businesses, marketers, and enterprise.
- Complete 1-3 articles weekly, consistently meeting deadlines.
- Optimize articles for search engines and social media shares.
- Learn and follow best practices and editorial style.
- Previously published writer, preferably in the technology or social media spaces.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to write relatable features for absolute beginners while adhering unfailingly to style guidelines and editorial processes.
- Knowledge of social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Foursquare, Yelp, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube as they relate to marketing and business.
- Works well with deadlines.
- This is a work-from-home position.
This is a part-time freelance work agreement. The accepted applicants will be paid per article at a competitive rate.
How to apply
If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter describing your experience, knowledge, and whatever else you bring to the table. Also include three professional writing samples either original or hosted elsewhere on the web — personal blogs do not count. Please include “Contributing Writer, Sprout Social Blog” in the subject line. Thanks!
[Image credit: Ciaran McGuiggan]