Enable Link Sharing for the Publishing Calendar
Account owners can enable link sharing for their account. This allows all team members to create and share public links to List Views of their Publishing Calendar.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Click Link Sharing, which is located in the right-side bar under Global Features.
- Toggle Link Sharing to “On”.
- Click Enable Link Sharing in the pop-up.
Create a Shared Link for the Calendar
You can create Shared Calendar links for your List Views within the Publishing Calendar. You can send these to external stakeholders and other members of your team. These Calendar views will be accessible by anyone who has access to the link, whether they are a Sprout user or not.
- Navigate to the Publishing Calendar.
- Select List in the upper-right corner of the Calendar.
- Select the filters you want applied to your Shared Calendar Link, including date range, profiles and content types you want to share.* You will not be able to edit these filters after you have created the link.
- Click Export, and then click Share Link. The Create New Link window appears.
- Enter a Title for your calendar link.
- Enter Description details to provide context to your stakeholders and team member.
- (Optional) Toggle expiration date to on and choose an expiration date. Note that the link expires on the day you select at midnight UTC
- Click Create New Link. A confirmation link appears and the link is automatically copied to your clipboard for easy sharing.
*Note: Sent messages are not currently included in shared links.
View and Manage Shared Calendar Links
After creating a Shared Link, Sprout users can manage and share these links with any external stakeholder. These recipients will be able to view the calendar information in a new browser window.
- Navigate to the My Shared Links drawer by clicking the Shared Links icon in the right-bar menu.
- Click the View arrow icon to preview how your Shared Link content appears to everyone who has access to the link.
- Click the Copy Link icon to copy your link URL.
- Click the Edit pencil icon to make changes to your Shared Link details, including title, description and expiration date.
- Account Owners can view and manage links across all team members and groups in the My Shared Links drawer.
Access Calendar Preview via a Shared Link
Anyone with access to a Shared Link (created by a Sprout user) can view a preview of the Sprout Publishing Calendar. These browser views will update in real-time as Sprout users make changes to the calendar content.
- Click the Shared Link url, which will open up a new browser window.
- Scroll down the page to see the list view of upcoming content on the Sprout Publishing Calendar.
- Check the left-side panel to see descriptive information about the content, including title, description and filters, which include date range, profiles and content types.
- Click the Preview icon in the bottom-right corner of a message to preview what the published content will look across both desktop and mobile.
- Click the colored bars above messages to see Notes about the content.
- Click the Play button on video content to watch the full video.