Social media management
Social media management is the process of managing content and interactions across social channels. A social media management strategy may involve multiple platforms, from Instagram, to Facebook and YouTube.
Social media management extends beyond simply posting updates on a social media profile. The right policies also plan engagement with your audience and implement campaigns to generate reach and visibility.
The types of social media management
Social media management is available in two formats. Either your business invests in a service offered by a social expert or you access the tools to manage social yourself.
Social media management services often use the same advanced resources you would access with a DIY solution. The difference is that these services have the experience to go beyond what you can learn from your tools and create content or offer guidance on your behalf too. Social media management services may be best for people who don’t have time to learn about social marketing.
Alternatively, for companies that want to keep costs low and engagement high, social media management tools are the ultimate solution. Tools like Sprout Social are budget-friendly and designed to give you all the insight you need without the expensive middle man.
What does a social media management strategy involve?
Social media marketing is about more than just publishing posts at specific times. Engaging with your audience is crucial. Customers today interact with brands through Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and more. Social media management is about making sure you’re ready to connect with your clients.
Many companies understand the value of social today, but don’t have the knowledge or resources to take advantage of it. That’s where social media management tools and services come in. With social media management you:
- Track and govern multiple accounts on a selection of platforms
- Analyze social engagement and adjust posts according to audience preference
- Schedule posts in advance to allow for brand consistency
- Monitor comments and mentions to protect your reputation
- Support employee advocacy campaigns to improve your brand’s credibility
Social media management benefits
Social media management brings strategy and focus to your social marketing efforts. These tools and services both simplify promotion and allow for more informed decision making in the future. Social media management improves the ROI of your social strategies and ensures you’re making the right connections with your audience, it:
- Saves valuable marketing time: Scheduling posts in advance ensures that you maintain a consistent presence online, without having to rush to create content at peak times during the day.
- Protects your reputation: Monitoring and listening tools allow for quick responses to negative comments and mentions.
- Increases authority: The right tools publish content on multiple platforms at once, improving your online presence.
- Helps you understand your audience: Social media marketing tools show you who is following you, where they come from and any useful demographics that may help your marketing plan.
- Improves customer support: Track and respond to any questions your clients have about your business. Provide the help customers need to streamline their path to purchase.
- Fosters advocacy: With a platform that measures and records social engagement metrics, it’s easier to train advocates for success on social media.