Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Developer Experience
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Developer Experience
Sprout Social is looking to hire a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to the Engineering team.
Why join Sprout’s Engineering team?
With collaborative cross-functional teams that span mobile, front-end, back-end, QA and site reliability engineering—the Sprout Engineering team is a place to sharpen your craft and solve hard problems with the smartest people in the industry. You’ll get to work on a “tech-giant” scale with smaller, supportive teams where every engineer has the chance to make an impact on our company, and our customers. The best part? In our industry, you often have to switch jobs or even companies to learn a new part of a tech stack or business. But at Sprout, our product is a suite, so you just need to move teams. You’re able to diversify your skills, which not only benefits your team—but also your career.
What you’ll do
- Create “Paved Roads”: standard production-ready technology that all of our engineering teams can leverage to deliver value quickly.
- Deliver a reliable, scalable, secure, and cost-effective build pipeline to empower engineers to develop and release their code with confidence using technologies like Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Work to improve all aspects of engineering through automation, observability of metrics, and clear processes in order to build sustainable and fault-tolerant solutions.
- Partner closely with product engineering teams to provide subject matter expertise to ensure excellent outcomes on new feature releases and critical functionality.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for a creative, collaborative, highly motivated, and pragmatic engineer to help us design and build reliable, scalable, performant systems that empower engineers to rapidly and safely deliver value to our customers. If this sounds like you and you want to be on a team that has a huge impact across all of engineering, we’d love to talk with you!
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 4+ years building and maintaining reliable, scalable systems in a Linux/UNIX environment
- 4+ years experience with one or more infrastructure-as-code or configuration-as-code tools, such as: Terraform, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.
- 2+ years experience operating, configuring, and maintaining build and CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI, etc.
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- 2+ years with one or more Cloud providers; AWS, GCP, or similar
- 3+ years experience with one or more of Kubernetes, Logstash, Elasticsearch / OpenSearch
- Experience in at least one programming language, such as Python, Java, Golang, or Ruby
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Experiencing Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Making a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to site reliability engineering
- Learning about and make improvements to our build pipelines, deployment tooling, and on-demand sandbox environments
- Starting to familiarize yourself with how we use Terraform, Chef, and Kubernetes to deploy infrastructure, configuration, and code changes
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Completing your first end-to-end project delivering improvements to our CI/CD pipelines
- Gaining familiarity with our platform architecture
- Learning about our tooling supporting Sprout’s platform and web software development lifecycles (SDLCs)
- Using our observability tools to troubleshoot production performance or stability issues
- Joining our on-call rotation (don’t worry we’ve got your back!)
- Participating in code reviews and giving feedback to team members
- Contributing to our team’s culture of continuous improvement through retros and experimentation-oriented thinking
- Proactively identifying, advocating for, and making high impact improvements to reduce operational toil
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Successfully migrating critical builds to a greenfield CI/CD environment to reduce friction for releases and increase reliability
- Partnering with product teams to deliver build and deployment solutions at scale that enable powerful features for our customers
- Debugging reliability and scalability issues across our build, deployment, and integration environments using multiple application stacks and infrastructure technologies
- Helping to complete a impactful project that is well-baked and bug-freeWriting design documents, gathering feedback from peers, coordinating dependencies, and being a domain owner for a new project
- Forming a career growth plan with your manager and beginning to work towards it
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Actively mitigating risk of failed delivery and missed deadlines through courageous, transparent communication with colleagues and stakeholders throughout a project life cycle
- Leading technical architecture meetings
- Identifying technical debt and performance bottlenecks within our systems, come up with a plan to improve the code, and get it pushed to production
- Mentoring junior engineers, helping them level up technically
- Building connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building
- Having opportunities to contribute to in-house technical presentations and workshops that share your expertise with large groups of Sprout engineers
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout Engineering in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Candidates for this remote work opportunity must be based in either British Columbia or Ontario. If you are based in another location within Canada, we aren’t able to hire in your location at this time; however, if you’d like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we’ll save your application for possible future consideration.
Sprout Social is a global leader in social media management and analytics software. Sprout’s intuitive platform offers comprehensive social media management solutions, including publishing and engagement functionality, customer care, influencer marketing, advocacy, and AI-powered business intelligence to more than 30,000 brands. Founded in 2010, Sprout has a hybrid team located across the globe. Sprout Social has been recognized as a Glassdoor Best Places to Work, PEOPLE Companies that Care, Great Place to Work Best Workplace for Parents and more.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.