Senior Manager, Customer Lifecycle Marketing
Senior Manager, Customer Lifecycle Marketing
Sprout Social is looking to hire a Senior Manager, Customer Lifecycle Marketing to the Marketing team.
Why join Sprout’s Marketing team?
As a member of Sprout’s Marketing department, you’re an integral part of empowering and inspiring our customers and driving the growth of our business. As a true partner to Sales and Success, we are accountable to—and responsible for—driving significant revenue across new business acquisition and customer growth. Together, we make up our revenue organization where we lead our go-to-market strategy and establish our goals as one unified team. We put our customers at the center, we’re driven by results and passionate about our impact on the overall strength and health of Sprout. As individuals, there’s no shortage of opportunities to learn and grow in your current role and beyond. Here, we just really want you to do your best work, be creative, take risks and make mistakes. You create your own path.
What you’ll do
- You will oversee a team that develops and implements end-to-end customer programs to build trust, drive product usage, and deliver value.
- You will lead efforts throughout the entire customer journey—from onboarding to new customers through to retention, loyalty, advocacy, and expansion. These efforts will be aligned to customer needs, while accelerating their success and reinforcing the value our solutions provide.
- You will innovate ways to leverage customer and product data to deliver programmatic programs that impact NDR.
- You’ll cultivate relationships with customers through various channels and touchpoints, including one-to-many programs, as well as more direct methods such as a Customer Advisory Board.
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for a seasoned leader who is strategic and analytical, with strong cross-collaboration skills and the desire to get things done. You are passionate about the customer at all stages in the lifecycle and possess an extensive understanding of customer marketing strategies to deliver impact at each inflection point. You are highly curious, with a strong desire to understand the whys behind the whats, and have the analytical chops to dive into the numbers to support your hypotheses. You thrive on forging a path where others haven’t gone and testing and iterating to achieve success. You’re a consummate professional when it comes to leading a team. You are comfortable with a changing landscape, and you model positivity and flexibility toward new ideas and change and help others do the same. You identify, propose, and execute process improvements with alacrity.
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing a team of experienced, high performing marketing professionals
- 7+ years of experience in Customer Marketing or Demand Generation within a B2B company
- 3+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing
- Full cycle strategic experience designing, executing, and learning from tests and experiments on customer journeys, as well as customer journey mapping and omnichannel revenue generation
- Demonstrable impact on KPIs/metrics within retention, expansion, and/or advocacy, including (but not limited to): health score, usage data, customer churn rate, user retention rate, NDR, Customer MQLs and NPS..
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Experience owning end-to-end customer lifecycle strategy for a B2B SaaS company
- Familiarity with social media marketing, social media marketers and the social media marketing tech landscape
- Experience in all major aspects of the customer lifecycle (retention, expansion, and customer advocacy)
- Experience leveraging product usage signals to drive programmatic customer touches
- Experience working within Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, Google Analytics, Pendo, Intercom
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to customer lifecycle management, and how it ladders up to the larger goals of the customer marketing team.
- Meet with members of the customer marketing, revenue marketing, and product marketing teams on a 1:1 basis to understand our work, the customer journey, and team responsibilities.
- Have a working understanding of Sprout Social’s brand and creative guidelines and be able to craft clear and consistent customer communications.
- Be well-versed with the Marketing and Brand Creative process and rituals (i.e. how we get work done), learn our Agile framework and understand how to effectively plan for work to get done.
- Start mapping priorities in terms of customer campaigns and initiatives.
- Start participating in weekly stand-ups, team meetings, and marketing rituals.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Get to know your peers and key stakeholders across Product Marketing, Marketing Ops, Customer Success, Sales, Growth, and Customer Support to understand current working relationships.
- Plan and execute, through partnership with marketing leadership, an inaugural Customer Advisory Board event.
- Develop a cohesive customer lifecycle strategy and campaign calendar, in partnership with colleagues on the Customer Marketing team.
- Establish a basic reporting framework to actively track KPIs and metrics.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth.
- Iteratively test and improve customer marketing streams to optimize customer experience while positively impacting MRR and LTV.
- Present findings and recommendations internally to inform optimizations to our customer retention, advocacy, and expansion strategies.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Influence quarterly and annual goals for engagement and business impact of the customer lifecycle programs as it relates to overall customer marketing goals.
- Help prioritize efforts and resources to maximize the impact of our customer campaigns and initiatives.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change your team in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
The base pay range for this role is $113,300.00 to $169,900.00 USD annually. Individual base pay is based on various factors, including relevant experience and skills, the responsibility of the role, and job duties/requirements. In addition to base pay, some Sales and Success roles can earn sales incentives.
Sprout’s compensation ranges are intentionally broad to allow for our team members' growth within their role. These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach; we used data from trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
Base pay is only one element of an employee's total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, commerce and advocacy solutions to more than 30,000 brands and agencies worldwide.
Sprout’s unified platform integrates the power of social throughout every aspect aspect of a business and enables social leaders at every level to extract extract valuable data and insights that drive their business forward. Sprout operates across major social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.