Technical Services Consultant
Technical Services Consultant
Sprout Social is looking for a Technical Services Consultant to join a Professional Services team composed of creative/analytical thinkers committed to helping our customers achieve their strategic goals through our software. Sprout Social develops and delivers social media engagement, advocacy, and analytics solutions for more than 30,000 leading brands and agencies worldwide, including DoorDash, General Mills, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Professional Services at Sprout is entering an exciting time as we look to expand and grow our services to support our customers navigating the ever-changing landscape of social media. A successful candidate possesses the skill to implement our base solutions while performing and advising on the technical components of our platform. Also, as this role is new for the Professional Services team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with building out new repeatable processes in support of our Professional Service offerings.
If you enjoy helping customers succeed and have a unique mix of technical and business expertise, we’d love to speak with you!
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Guide clients through the implementation of base product
- Gather requirements and help translate them into project deliverables and milestones
- Develop visual reports, dashboards & apps using Tableau
- Provide technical guidance to clients during the implementation and post implementation on integrations, SSO and APIs
- Mentor and train services staff on reporting and technology
What you’ll bring
These are the minimum qualifications that our Professional Services team is looking for in this role:
- 3+ years experience implementing software solutions and providing technical support to customers (ex. supporting set-up of standard integrations, SSO, connecting to data sources, importing and transforming data, and extracting data through API/web services)
- Experience integrating with vendors such as Salesforce, ZenDesk, Slack, etc.
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Demonstrated communication, organizational, and analytical skills with a proven ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical resources at multiple levels within an organization
- Familiarity with identity management security protocols such Single Sign-On (SSO), Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), etc.
- Knowledge of data models, ETL, and data warehouse processes
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to helping customers see social differently
- Meet with your Professional Services peer mentor and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Get to know and begin to build working relationships with stakeholders throughout our Sales, Customer Success, Product and Marketing teams.
- Shadow Strategic Services Consultants on calls to learn relevant customer stories and case studies from the field.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building.
- Fully understand our Services offerings, from delivery to project management to reporting.
- Develop a clear understanding of the entire Sprout platform, its features and use cases, and be able to explain them to customers.
- Lead services projects (with peer mentor support) and clearly communicate results and deliverables to customers.
- Lead technical and reporting discussions with customers.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth
- Partner with stakeholders to build out repeatable processes and trainings around technical and reporting tasks.
- Independently manage and deliver all types of Services projects.
- Become a Sprout Social product/technical expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Become a go-to resource for the Professional Services team and the larger Sales & Customer Success organization. You will deliver at a high level each day and make an impact outside of just customer work.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change your team in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
The base pay range for this role is $80,000.00 to $110,000.00 USD annually. Individual base pay is based on various factors, including relevant experience and skills, the responsibility of the role, and job duties/requirements. In addition to base pay, some Sales and Success roles can earn sales incentives.
Sprout’s compensation ranges are intentionally broad to allow for our team members' growth within their role. These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach; we used data from trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
Base pay is only one element of an employee's total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our latest DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, commerce and advocacy solutions to more than 30,000 brands and agencies worldwide.
Sprout’s unified platform integrates the power of social throughout every aspect aspect of a business and enables social leaders at every level to extract extract valuable data and insights that drive their business forward. Sprout operates across major social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.