Vice President, Customer Success
Vice President, Customer Success
Sprout Social is looking to hire a Vice President, Customer Success to the Sales & Success team.
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Lead a world-class Customer Success organization that ensures our customers achieve desired outcomes through the adoption of Sprout Social’s software
- Recruit, hire and develop Customer Success leaders and their respective teams to foster a culture of collaboration, over-achievement and continuous learning
- Execute different strategies to retain and grow our customer base by delivering outsized value and being a joy to do business with
- Drive Customer Success outcomes including increasing renewal rates, expanding revenue through renewals/cross-sell activities, and increasing lifetime value by improving adoption and customer health scores
- Meet with our largest and most strategic customers on a regular basis, providing Executive Sponsorship for those customers and advocating for them internally
- Measure effectiveness of Customer Success by analyzing data to refine and define operational metrics and systems for tracking metrics
- Model inclusive leadership by seeking out diverse perspectives and embedding equity and inclusion into business strategy
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for a senior leader with a strong background in B2B SaaS leadership and Customer Success experience who will inherently see the value of strong customer relationships within a sales process. The ideal leadership candidate must be a team player, consultative, highly motivated, data driven, and be willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment.
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 10+ years of leadership experience within account management or customer success
- 5+ years of experience managing second-line leaders
- Experience with B2B SaaS experience across all customer segments with a particular focus on Mid Market and Enterprise
- Experience with international Customer Success organizations
- Experience working closely with cross-functional stakeholders across sales, marketing, sales operations, enablement, and product
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Demonstrated passion for hiring, developing and coaching top leadership talent
- Exceptional communication skills and analytical acumen
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, Outreach, and Gong a plus
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization
- Partner with the Chief Revenue Officer to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them
- Get to know your team (directors, managers, and ICs) and work to understand each individual’s current challenges and areas of opportunity
- Educate yourself on the current team structure, goals and overall strengths/weaknesses
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field.
- Review relevant metrics for the Sales and Customer Success organization.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Meet with leaders throughout the Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Operations organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities
- Create an early concept of the future plan for improving customer adoption and retention and begin prioritizing
- Familiarize yourself with our customers and understand our various customer segments, value drivers, and areas of opportunity; dive deep into the numbers supporting these areas
- Begin meeting with our largest customers and developing relationships
- Begin coaching and mentoring managers to help them improve, both professionally and personally
- Fully understand our existing customer success processes and how each department (customer success, marketing, product, sales, and support) contributes. Identify areas of opportunity
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to product adoption and team productivity
- Have formed relationships with our most important customers in conjunction with the Customer Success team
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross departmental relationships
- Demonstrate personal leadership perspective and share learnings and best practices across the organization
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally, and empower your managers to grow. Continue to hire on an as needed basis
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing industry trends and product vision to help our customers identify their needs and accomplish their goals
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Consistently meet and exceed product adoption targets
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback
- Establish and begin executing against a long term plan for your team
- Promote members on your team and begin creating bench of new talent
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
This role’s minimum On Target Earnings (“OTE”) is $350,000.00 USD annually. OTE is the sum of a fixed base salary plus incentives at target performance. Incentive compensation will vary based on performance. The minimum amount earned is the fixed base salary. Since the incentive plan is uncapped, this role has no maximum pay range.
These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach. We used data from multiple sources, including, but not limited to, trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
OTE is only one element of an employee's total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our latest DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, commerce and advocacy solutions to more than 30,000 brands and agencies worldwide.
Sprout’s unified platform integrates the power of social throughout every aspect aspect of a business and enables social leaders at every level to extract extract valuable data and insights that drive their business forward. Sprout operates across major social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.