Account Executive, Regional Enterprise
Account Executive, Regional Enterprise
Sprout Social is looking to hire an Account Executive, Regional Enterprise to the Sales & Success team.
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Prospect, develop and close sales opportunities with both new logos and existing customers in the large enterprise segment.
- Expand Sprout’s footprint into some of the world’s largest organizations, by selling into your local region, and partnering with AEs who are located by the businesses’ headquarters.
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals (prospecting and meetings completed) to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota retirement.
- Establish deep relationships within your book of business through multi-threading, achieving both executive or VP level and end user engagement.
What you’ll bring
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven and tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our expanding Large Enterprise sales team. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality as well as a desire to find and close new business.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 5+ years of closing experience in B2B sales
- Proven success selling/cross-selling to large enterprise organizations (5,000+ global employees)
- Ability to manage a large number of prospective accounts and identify problems, opportunities and consultatively provide solutions for each of them
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience building relationships, presenting and selling to senior level decision makers across multiple functions
- SaaS experience preferred
- Experience working with internal partners and cross-functional stakeholders to increase deal momentum and exceed both prospects and customers expectations
- Experience working in a “co-selling” environment
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director of Enterprise to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet with current members of the Enterprise Sales team individually to understand what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement into your role.
- Shadow Account Executives on calls live or through Gong to learn sales strategies and positioning.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique, how our solution impacts business objectives and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
- Learn Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Meet with all your existing customers within the book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Identifying the top 20-25% of new logo opportunities within your book of business to create focus and execution in your weekly prospecting activities.
- Understand the language of all your customers and where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing customers.
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment after ramp.
- Co-build account & territory plans with your BDR, Professional Services, Solutions Engineers & Customer Success teammates.
- Regularly meet with your BDR to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
- Gain a solid understanding of your customer’s internal transitions and mitigate the risk of customer churn.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with existing customers within your “book of business".
- Have built strong internal relationships with your peers, customer success, professional services, solutions engineering, our legal partners and others who will take part in your deal cycles. You will have a deep understanding of each team’s partnership expectations and service level agreement..
- Have built 4X your monthly quota target of net new logo pipeline.
- Travel locally or out of state to meet with high potential prospects and critical customers on a quarterly basis to speed up your deal cycles and increase win rates.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
- Consistently achieve your monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Mentor and develop your BDR to become best in class at their respective functions and further advance their skill sets and career trajectory.
- Step up as a peer leader to share best practices across the organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
This role’s On Target Earnings (“OTE”) is $240,000.00 USD annually. OTE is the sum of a fixed base salary plus incentives at target performance. Incentive compensation will vary based on performance. The minimum amount earned is the fixed base salary. Since the incentive plan is uncapped, this role has no maximum pay range.
These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach. We used data from multiple sources, including, but not limited to, trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
OTE is only one element of an employee's total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, commerce and advocacy solutions to more than 30,000 brands and agencies worldwide.
Sprout’s unified platform integrates the power of social throughout every aspect aspect of a business and enables social leaders at every level to extract extract valuable data and insights that drive their business forward. Sprout operates across major social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.