Strategic Account Executive, Growth
Strategic Account Executive, Growth
Sprout Social is looking to hire an Account Executive, Corporate Growth to join the Sales & Success team.
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including Harrods, IHG, River Island, Stoneacre Motor Group, and University of Leeds. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Generate new business from existing clients and serve as their product specialist
- Identify opportunities for upselling and increase individual account values
- Partner closely with our Account Management team, who will transfer qualified opportunities into your book of business
- Prospect, develop and close new sales opportunities within the largest prospects in our upsell segment.
What you’ll bring
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, collaborative, and tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our Sales team. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality as well as a desire to close new business.
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 3+ years of closing experience in B2B sales, social media experience is a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Proven track record of success within inside sales or account management, preferably with a SaaS company
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email and webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Customer Development to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself to the day-to-day responsibilities of Sprout’s Customer Development team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated Enablement Manager.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Outbound to your book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Understand where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing users.
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your client's brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business".
- Represent Sprout at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
- Consistently achieve your revenue targets.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and helps others grow from your experiences.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer and customer feedback.
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Dublin’s city centre, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, we want to provide team members the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. If you prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Dublin location. If you prefer to work remotely from another location within Ireland, we will accommodate you as best as possible.
If you are based in another location within EMEA, we aren’t able to hire in your location at this time; however, if you’d like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we’ll save your application for possible future consideration.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, commerce and advocacy solutions to more than 30,000 brands and agencies worldwide.
Sprout’s unified platform integrates the power of social throughout every aspect aspect of a business and enables social leaders at every level to extract extract valuable data and insights that drive their business forward. Sprout operates across major social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.