Solutions Engineer (EMEA)
Solutions Engineer (EMEA)
Sprout Social is looking to hire a Solutions Engineer to the Sales & Success team.
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including Harrods, IHG, River Island, Stoneacre Motor Group, and University of Leeds. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Be the technical counterparts to our Account Executive team working collaboratively with your peers in a customer facing environment
- Serve as product experts within SaaS based applications or social media management
- Break down complex topics and make it easily digestible to your audience
- Have a natural technical curiosity and can understand the sometimes complex changes and discussions around the network APIs.
What you’ll bring
Sprout Social is looking for a collaborative Solutions Engineer to support our sales team who is sales and marketing savvy, has a confident presence, and loves working with prospects and customers in a fast-paced environment.
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 3+ years of tech/SaaS experience in a Solutions Engineer role partnering with Account Executives
- 2+ years experience with a service management platform (ServiceCloud, Zendesk or alternative)
- Experience demonstrating a software platform (Making presentations)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Understanding of social networks (in particular Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) and social media strategy for large organizations
- Experience presenting to CX, Customer Service or IT Departments including Directors, VPs and CXOs.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects and simultaneously support the Sales team
- Understanding of all components of a software sales process
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Solutions Engineering to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Shadow Solutions Engineers on calls and demos to learn sales strategies and positioning.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Regularly meet with your Account Executives to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities.
- Begin to conduct demos on your own with minimal oversight. You will consult with prospects and customers to identify their business goals and objectives and translate their needs into actionable next steps.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Be highly confident in demoing our platform and will apply the “Demonstration to Win” methodology for all of your demos.
- Fully grasp the various use cases for social media - brand awareness, customer care, lead generation, etc.
- Successfully position our solution against any number of competitors.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Be someone who is held in high regard by their peers and the Account Executives you support.
- Be a contributor to the broader Solutions Engineering team and help to create training materials for the Sales team and onboard new Solutions Engineers.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Dublin’s city centre, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, we want to provide team members the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. If you prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Dublin location. If you prefer to work remotely from another location within Ireland and/or the UK, we will accommodate you as best as possible.
If you are based in another location within EMEA, we aren’t able to hire in your location at this time; however, if you’d like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we’ll save your application for possible future consideration.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, commerce and advocacy solutions to more than 30,000 brands and agencies worldwide.
Sprout’s unified platform integrates the power of social throughout every aspect aspect of a business and enables social leaders at every level to extract extract valuable data and insights that drive their business forward. Sprout operates across major social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.