- Write timely, helpful, and friendly feature-length articles such as how-tos, guides, and narrative case studies making sense of the social web for businesses, marketers, and enterprise.
- Complete 1-3 articles weekly, consistently meeting deadlines.
- Optimize articles for search engines and social media shares.
- Learn and follow best practices and editorial style.
- Previously published writer, preferably in the technology or social media spaces.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to write relatable features for absolute beginners while adhering unfailingly to style guidelines and editorial processes.
- Knowledge of social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Foursquare, Yelp, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and YouTube as they relate to marketing and business.
- Works well with deadlines.
- This is a work-from-home position.
This is a part-time freelance work agreement. The accepted applicants will be paid per article at a competitive rate.
How to apply
If you’re interested, please email email@example.com a cover letter describing your experience, knowledge, and whatever else you bring to the table. Also include three professional writing samples either original or hosted elsewhere on the web — personal blogs do not count. Please include “Contributing Writer, Sprout Social Blog” in the subject line. Thanks!
[Image credit: Ciaran McGuiggan]
Samuel Axon: Samuel is the Editorial Director supervising Sprout Social's editorial and web content projects. He has years of experience in blogging and social media, having previously worked as an editor at social media and technology news sites Mashable and Engadget. He also helped build the white label web content management system Crowd Fusion from the ground up.