While you’ve been busy updating your company’s Facebook page, keeping your customers up to date through Twitter and posting the latest corporate video on YouTube, we’ve been reporting on the latest in social media news for businesses large and small.
In case you’ve missed any of it, here’s a recap of this week’s breaking stories. We’ve arranged them by category to help you quickly find the news you’re looking for.
- Nearby Update Means Better Discovery for Local Businesses on Facebook
- Facebook Reportedly Plans to Offer Video Ads in 2013
- Drive More Downloads With Facebook’s Mobile App Install Ads
- Facebook Collections Is Back for Another Round of Testing
- New Year, New Rules: Facebook Updates Its Cover Photo Policy
- Facebook Timeline Undergoes Another Design Test
- You Can Now Add Moderators to Google+ Communities
- Google Business Photos Now Appear on Search Results Pages
- Twitter Starts Allowing You to Download All of Your Tweets [Updated]
- Nielsen and Twitter Create Social TV Rating
- See More Interactions on Twitter’s Updated BlackBerry App
- Flickr Updates iOS App With Twitter Friend-Finding and More
- Share Your Brand’s Story From Tumblr’s New iPad App
- Instagram Updates Its Terms of Service Following Backlash
[Image credit: Clever Cupcakes]
Jennifer Beese: Jennifer Beese has worked as a community manager and social media strategist. When she’s not writing, you can find her studying anatomy and physiology—she literally has a skeleton in her closet—or under the stars with her telescope.