While you’ve been busy updating your company’s Facebook page, keeping your customers up to date through Twitter and posting the latest corporate video on YouTube, we’ve been reporting on the latest in social media news for businesses large and small.
In case you’ve missed any of it, here’s a recap of this week’s breaking stories. We’ve arranged them by category to help you quickly find the news you’re looking for.
- Study Sheds Light on the Value of Brand Advocacy and Facebook
- Facebook Tests ‘Like’ Prompt After Check-In
- Facebook Prompts Members to Add Locations to Photos
- Drive Installs With Facebook’s New Mobile Ads for Apps Unit
- Facebook Simplifies Ad Creation With Redesigned Self-Serve Tool
- Facebook Adds New Metrics to Insights API
- Google Retires Apps for Teams and More
- Google Adds Gmail to Your Search Results
- Google+ Falls Last in Social Sharing Study; Might Not Be A Bad Thing
- Social Media Equals Facebook for 32% of Consumers
- Mobile Shopping Is Picking Up Steam Among Consumers
- Watch Out Yahoo: Pinterest Sees Another Referral Traffic Surge
- Goodbye Invites: Pinterest Opens Its Doors to the Public
- Why Brick and Mortar Retailers Need to Adopt Digital Marketing
- WordPress Launches Redesigned iOS Apps for Better Blog Management
[Image credit: Hans Dorsch]
Jennifer Beese: Jennifer Beese has worked as a community manager and social media strategist. When she’s not writing, you can find her studying anatomy and physiology—she literally has a skeleton in her closet—or under the stars with her telescope.