While you’ve been busy updating your company’s Facebook page, keeping your customers up to date through Twitter and posting the latest corporate video on YouTube, we’ve been reporting on the latest in social media news for businesses large and small.
In case you’ve missed any of it, here’s a recap of this week’s breaking stories. We’ve arranged them by category to help you quickly find the news you’re looking for.
- Facebook Rolls Out Timeline for Pages on Mobile Devices
- Facebook Rotates Ads on Static Pages to Increase Clicks
- External Referrals Make Up Less Than 10% of Your Page’s Traffic
- Report Unofficial Facebook Pages With New Duplicate Finder
- Facebook Tests Action Links for Mobile
- Facebook Experiments With Sponsored Results
- Twitter vs. Facebook: Sponsored Stories Outperform Promoted Accounts [Updated]
- Reach Specific Audiences With Targeted Tweets
- Google Switches Everyone Over to the New Version of Analytics
- Google+ One-Ups Facebook in Terms of Customer Satisfaction
- Bing Adds Foursquare Tips and Recommendations to Search Results
- Target Nearby Customers With Local Updates on Foursquare
- Study Finds Not All Customer Complaints on Social Media Are Bad
- Read About How Social Media Is Changing Customer Service
- Sprout Social Recognized as a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer
- ShareNow Simplifies Social Sharing for Publishers and Bloggers
[Image credit: Hans Dorsch]
Jennifer Beese: Jennifer Beese has worked as a community manager and social media strategist. When she’s not writing, you can find her studying anatomy and physiology—she literally has a skeleton in her closet—or under the stars with her telescope.