Facebook Timeline Pages Are Now Mandatory: Here’s How to Get Started
It’s Facebook Friday — each week we’ll offer one tip for leveraging Facebook to increase customer awareness of and engagement with your brand or business. Facebook made the new Timeline format mandatory for all business and brand Pages today, so we’re providing a handful of resources to help you make the transition.
Facebook Page administrators gained the ability to switch to Timeline weeks ago, but the deadline at which Facebook is forcing the change is today.
Research firm Simply Measured determined that Facebook Page fan engagement increases 46% with the addition of Timeline, so this change is actually something to be excited about. You just need to make sure you make the transition smoothly, and that you familiarize yourself with what features have been added — and lost.
Here’s everything you need to get started and start leveraging this new tool for maximum effect.
- How to Prepare Your Facebook Page for Timeline. These are things you should keep in order is you make the transition, to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
- How to Change to Facebook Timeline Business Pages. This is a detailed, step-by-step guide to switching to Timeline, along with some steps on building the first components of your new Timeline.
- How to Use the Admin Panel on Your Facebook Timeline Page. One of the most powerful new features of Timeline is the Admin Panel, a dramatically improved interface for tracking engagement and customizing your Page. This guide breaks down each feature and option, one-by-one.
- Use Activity Log to Better Manage Facebook Pages. Facebook calls Timeline’s new Activity Log feature “Mission Control” for Pages. Find out why here.
- 4 Brands With Killer Facebook Page Timelines. These Timeline brand Pages are exceptional examples that you can follow as you build your own Timeline. There’s a lot to learn from each of them.
- What Facebook Timeline Teaches Us About Storytelling. What is Timeline really about? Storytelling. Sprout Insights News Editor Jennifer Beese gets to the heart of why Timeline can be effective in building relationships with customers and fans.
- 4 Facebook Page Features That Were Better Before Timeline. Not everything is totally peachy, though. Change is a good thing, but by definition it forces you to rethink what you were doing before. This list of old Facebook Page features that you’ll lose in the transition is critical reading. Make sure you are aware what you’ll have to change in your Facebook marketing strategy.
- Facebook Eases Timeline Transition With Educational Tools. Still have questions? Facebook has published some educational resources of its own to help you completely understand what Timeline is all about.
Was this tip helpful? Do you have any more ideas for getting the most out of Facebook? Let us know in the comments!