While you’ve been busy updating your company’s Facebook page, keeping your customers up to date through Twitter and posting the latest corporate video on YouTube, we’ve been reporting on the latest in social media news for businesses large and small.
In case you’ve missed any of it, here’s a recap of this week’s breaking stories. We’ve arranged them by category to help you quickly find the news you’re looking for.
- Facebook Focuses on Gift Cards, Pulls Plug on Physical Goods
- New Algorithm Punishes Facebook Pages for Low Quality Posts
- How Brands Can Benefit From Facebook’s Shared Albums
- You No Longer Need Third-Party Apps to Create Facebook Promotions
- Experimental Feature Lets Readers Tweet Highlighted Text From Articles
- View Connected Tweets in Context With Twitter Conversations
- Twitter’s Lead Generation Cards Are Now Available Globally
- Become a Tester: Twitter Launches a New Beta Program on Android
- Protected Tweets Are Now Visible in Twitter Search for Some
[Image credit: Clever Cupcakes]
Jennifer Beese: Jennifer Beese has worked as a community manager and social media strategist. When she’s not writing, you can find her studying anatomy and physiology—she literally has a skeleton in her closet—or under the stars with her telescope.