1. Documents To Go: With the free version of Documents To Go, you can view Microsoft Word and Excel documents. The paid version gives you access to Google Docs, as well as Adobe and PowerPoint documents. You can also upload, download, edit, and synchronize your documents with your desktop computer.
2. Cloud Print: Need to print a document from your Android device? No problem. Just use the free Cloud Print app.
3. Droid Scan Pro: If you need to scan documents on the go, or turn photos of notes into PDF documents, you can do it with Droid Scan Pro. You can test out a free version of Droid Scan before deciding to upgrade to the paid edition.
4. Package Tracker Pro: For a very small price tag, the Package Tracker app allows you to track shipping packages across a variety of carriers, including FedEx, UPS, and DHL. You can also email tracking information and label, edit, or delete packages from your queue.
5. Astrid Task/Todo List: This free app makes it easy to create and manage your task list. It syncs with Google Tasks, Producteev.com, and Astrid.com. For a small charge, you can purchase Astrid Power Pack, which includes features such as adding tasks via voice and creating voice reminders. For an even smaller charge, consider Astrid Locale, which makes your task manager and to do list location aware.
6. Box: Use the free Box app to access documents from multiple devices and computers, share documents with other people, and collaborate on working documents. Box offers more functionality than the similar free Dropbox app, but Dropbox is simpler to use. If you’re overwhelmed by Box, switch to Dropbox (or try Dropbox first).
7. PocketCloud Remote RDP/VNC: Connect your Android device to your Windows or Mac OS desktop computer, and remotely control and access the data on your desktop at anytime, from any place. A paid version is available, but the free version may be sufficient, depending on your needs.
Sales, Marketing, and Finance Android Apps
8. Time Recording Timesheet App: If you need to track your time while you’re working remotely, the free Time Recording Timesheet app allows you to do exactly that. You can also assign tasks and export data into .csv, .xls, or .html files. For a nominal charge, the pro version adds features like Google Calendar sync and Dropbox integration.
9. CamCard: Do you attend events, trade shows, seminars, or meetings and collect a lot of business cards? It takes time to manually add all of those people to your contacts list in your phone and email. With CamCard, you can scan business cards and save them directly to your contacts list, so you don’t have to type a thing. The free version allows you to save 10 business cards the first week, and 2 cards each week thereafter. If you have more cards to scan, upgrade to the paid edition.
10. GoToMeeting: Attending remote meetings is easy with the free GoToMeeting app. WebEx and Adobe Connect also offer free remote meeting Android apps. The Skype app is another great option for virtual conference calls and meetings.
11. Mileage Tracker:The very affordable Mileage Tracker app allows you to keep track of your work-related mileage for expense reporting and tax purposes. You can separate mileage by client, vehicle, or account, and data can be synced with the Dropbox and Google Docs apps.
12. Expense Manager: For business people who spend a lot of time on the road incurring business-related expenses, the free Expense Manager app makes it easy to stay organized. You can take pictures of receipts, track expenses by date or category, and manage multiple accounts.
13. Square: If you close sales on the road and need to accept credit card payments, then Square is the free Android app for you. You get a free credit card scanner that attaches to your Android device which enables you to scan cards, process payments, and email receipts instantly.
14. Invoice2go: For anyone who needs to print invoices remotely, the Invoice2go app is a must try. The free version allows you to create and manage 3 invoices at a time, but for a relatively low cost, the full version allows you to and create and manage as many invoices as you want. There are 20 invoice designs to choose from, and you can customize your invoice, add your logo, change the position of fields, and more.
15. ezPDF Reader: Do you need to fill out forms or capture signatures when you’re on the go? Perhaps you want to get contracts signed or quotations approved. With ezPDF Reader, you can read PDF documents from your Android device, and you can capture annotations on those documents. To upload and download files from Google Docs to use with ezPDF Reader, get the free ezPDF Reader Cloud Plugin.
Have we missed any great Android apps for small business? Let us know your favorite Android apps in the comments below.
Susan Gunelius: Susan Gunelius is a 20-year marketing veteran and President & CEO of KeySplash Creative, Inc., a marketing communications company. She has authored nine books about social media, content marketing, branding, copywriting, and blogging, and she is a marketing columnist for Forbes.com and Entrepreneur.com. Susan speaks about marketing, branding, and social media at events around the world and is often interviewed about marketing topics by television, online, print, and radio media organizations.
This is a great list . You can also try Simple Invoice Manager for invoices, Estimates and Receipts.
I am Professor at a Business School and I have spent the last three months developing an app that helps small businesses make key calculations and decisions. Its called Small Business Bot and on Google Play. I would welcome feedback on features you would find helpful. It is being developed as a public good so no charge for using it and no adverts. I hope to build a community around its development and respond to user suggestions.
Susan, do timesheet apps have travel and expense reporting add on? This will help us adhere a specific business need, all data integrated for immedaite processing.
I couldn't find a decent time tracker on this list. I currently use Mobile Worker (http://www.mworker.com), which has one-click time tracking, document sync with Dropbox, invoicing, etc. Unfortunately, it's only available on Android devices. But if you're looking for something light and simple to use, that's probably one of the best options. :)
This is truly an awesome list of apps. I prefer using Invoicera for online invoicing and time tracking.
Perfect list of tools those are meant for the small business purpose. But here with I would like to add one more tool that helps manage the tasks and literally helps for a successful end up of the process. The one I am talking about is the cloud based task management software from Replicon ( http://www.replicon.com/olp/task-management-software.aspx ) which is hassle free and is featured with the user friendly and calendar based interface that makes it an intuitive tool to work with.
I have come across this new re-invented Torch / Flash light app, it just allows you to start Torch from ANYWHERE with just ONE TAP.
Check out here,
Do try AndInvoice from the PlayStore! I think it deserves a mention
for small and medium businesses who are looking or an inexpensive
If you want to save your time and get big profit by your business so use the apps to related your besiness.
If you want to track your time when you get to and from work instead of tapping forms repeatedly check out Easy Hours (http://easyhours.30xi.com). We created Easy Hours to ease your productivity burden so you spend your time doing and earning instead of remembering, tapping and typing. Why spend time when you just spent money on an app/service that requires a lot of babysitting? Easy Hours costs less than a cup of coffee and yet is both automatic and reliable. We even use it for our own timekeeping.
Its available on both iOS and Android and comes out of the box with Dashboards, Timesheets, Reminders, Memos, Rounding, Notifications, Personalization, and Sharing. Customer feature requests are prioritized for future releases - turnaround is pretty quick. Give it a try and I'm sure you will find that you will be as satisfied as other reviewers.
App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/app/id688640127)